Reviews for Political Correctness
Earthbound Angel 49 chapter 1 . 8/8/2004
While i personally think political correctness is highly overated and i tend to be politically incorrect every chance i get, i think you went a little far. Kim posible, the example you used, teaches lessons and kim eventually realizes she liked ron the way he truly should have been, himself.
I do agree that political correctness has gone way too far. Only white people are racist and only men are sexist, or so it has come to be. Perhaps the way to corecct this problem isn't to point fingers at certain groups, but to find your own opinion of the topics and stick to what you truly think.
~Ebony
suzieque2 chapter 1 . 7/25/2004
yup yup. I totally agree with you!
Nice piece!
-Tamei from thewritersblock2004
lucia marin chapter 1 . 5/5/2004
very very gorgeous. i admire your stance and your ability to contemplate the other side of the other side of an issue, if you know what i mean. double entendre. wonderful piece, hope you keep writing for a long time to come...you, me, and ann coulter should go do lunch sometime.
luce
Formerly chapter 1 . 5/3/2004
Political correctness is the bane of modern society. It's a muzzle and a collar, if applied.
Bu the way, what you describe in "Kim Possible" IS political correctness.
Admiral Rupert chapter 1 . 5/3/2004
Yes, you are correct: political correctness was once a way of being fair-minded and blah blah blah, but now it's been perverted. Now, the singular rule of political correctness is this: It's okay if you offend the majority, just don't under any circumstances offend the minority! It's a rediculous double standard. You can have organizations of black folks, but you can't have organizations of white folks. You can have feminist movements, but you can't have "masculinist" movements. You can call white people white, but black people are "African-American".
Such is political correctness in today's America. It's idiotic, but then, so is much of America (not that I don't love my country; I do).
Overall, your essay was good. You got the point across, and I suppose that's what matters, and it was well-written, with no technical errors worth pointing out. Good job!