Reviews for Losing You
Debbirooni chapter 1 . 7/9/2004
I know you don't want any sympathy... but this is just so sad! I can totally relate to this. This may not have been with someone I liked or something, but sometimes friends come and go. The ending was very strong. I like the asking a question, and answering it. On top of that, the last two lines make the title very strong. I like this poem.
Great job! Keep writin!
-Debbirooni
Gaki Toki chapter 1 . 6/26/2004
Me like...you are a great poet...I guess Mike...who I'm having serious doubts about(if he's straight or not lol)would say you are truely a pure blooded giblet (that's a good thing)
Gaki Toki
Wrathful Diana chapter 1 . 5/30/2004
Me and my friends wouldn't have to worry about this, we're already insane and hopelessly socialy inept. As for me and any of the dudes I have crushes on, they are all characters in my fics so I control them. Can't really understand the feeling, but your poem made me imagine that I could.
Nymph
Breaking Heart chapter 1 . 5/27/2004
yeah,so no sympathy worries about grow happens.i know exactly what is being said here.i can relate,but only b/c i have no idea how to express my own feelings.
your irish lover
Cry Tears of Darkness chapter 1 . 5/15/2004
esh! ppl and relationships... such an issue. btw: amazing poem! i think youvve just made it to my fav authors list :P *checks box*
WakeRobin chapter 1 . 5/4/2004
I can so relate to this poem. Really great work.
Eternal Aeris chapter 1 . 5/4/2004
I really like this one a lot. You say you don't base your poems on a particular person, but are you sure? Cuz you always have to basing your feelings on a particular person or something like that. Do you just not want to tell anyone. If that's the case, then I'll back off. I'll see you at school.
vanburen chapter 1 . 5/4/2004
um, hmm..okay. here goes. All of your poetry is very nice. Beautiful. poignant. touching. You have a good handle on conveying your emotions to your audience. But internally, it sometimes lacks cohesiveness. (Ugh. it's so hard to review poetry...it's so subjective...feel free to ignore everything I am saying.) From my experience, all poetry, free verse, has a flow. You have a flow, generally, but sometimes if feels a little disrupted, like creek water flowing over a rock. A free verse poem, because there is no rhyme, syllabic structure, or other traditional means to unify it, must turn to other solutions in order to bring it together as a whole. By this I mean, the first three stanzas of your poem fit together. the I/I/You beginning is great too, becaue the You is a contrast, thus drawing the reader's attention. Here, ideally, is where the emotional climax would be. But then the poem goes on, and here you have placed your climax. The fact that this stanza, visually, does not go with the other three...hmm...how to put this...detracts from the emotional wallop we would get otherwise. Ok. I am totally encroaching upon your creative territory here (ten thousand apologies) but, if I were to edit the poem...no. I won't say it. I've done enough damage, lol. If you really want to know, you know where to find me.
Peace
Ente chapter 1 . 5/3/2004
great poem, sad. i know what it's like, you see it every day.
Rachel Faith A. Teknoman 333 chapter 1 . 5/3/2004
Jake,
Oh, I understand what you mean. But in my case, it were my friends who got popular, and they did leave me.
That's why I don't have many friends and don't trust most of them - they made me lose all the faith I had in anything and anyone.
Well written.
-Rachel
p.s. Thanks for the review. ;)
I like your music choice - Evanescence, Michelle Branch... I only miss Guns N' Roses. *grins*
I hate it when people judge you without knowing you because of your sexuality, and I think it's really cool of you that you don't hide it.
Bye,