Reviews for s o m e w h e r e
CW-nerd-12 chapter 1 . 6/30/2004
This is cool. I'm in love with your images. You're a fantastic writer, I am jealous.
AntiPleasure chapter 1 . 6/17/2004
This piece was recommended by d2ragnarok and I figured I'd check it out. I agree this is one of your best pieces here. It's very thorough and the descriptions are wellt hought out. I could say a million compliments to you and this poem, but it's just wonderfully done.
Jenna xx
Needa S chapter 1 . 6/14/2004
Well written! You told me to SHOW you instead of Telling you there is a God (Jesus Christ) Sorry I can't do that you have to feel it in your heart. Thanks for the KIND review.
Needa S
Plato's Optic Runaway chapter 1 . 6/6/2004
Macabre and wondeful; it's strangely refreshing to read something like this. I honestly think you need to write more, as you've got quite the knack for it, and it is rather disappointing that you don't write more often. I encourage it.
desolus chapter 1 . 5/7/2004
I read this a few days ago. *guilty* I wanted to reflect over it before putting in my two cents.
Your imagery is disturbing, dark, and it drives the poem with meaning. This is meant to evoke thought, and it does, if the person reading it takes the time to wonder at it.
"that no man's bones build up a city", "synthetic earth", "uprooted memories", "plastic", "acid-green hills, m e", "boxes with pentagon heads"
-Your use of vocabulary is stunning and you work magic with description. It's powerful, thoughtful, and terribly beautiful. This poem makes me think of the world we live in and that terrifies me.
The ending lines were... powerful and tragic. I find this poem so thought-provoking, it's trying to get those thoughts on screen that eludes me. I'll finish my quiet rumination and hope nightmares don't follow me.
Kelpylion chapter 1 . 5/7/2004
What were you *on* when you wrote this? It's great!
Took 2 readings to get the proper meaning. That's reasonable; 4, however, is too many.
(I've written some that take about 7 readings for *me* to get. That's just abuse of free verse.)
*Ahem.* Back to /your/ poetry.
Love the mixture of oozing black angsty images (such as a maggot-like tear-absolutely accurate-and this manufactured 'fantasy land,' which you seem to scorn just as much as the angstland we live in.
I really didn't understand the reference to boxes, though. Unless you were referring to them in terms of being trapped?
Loved the phrase 'synthetic earth.' It seems like an oxymoron at first, but then you realize that, in this day and age, it's not. And you're not sure whether to be freaked out or fascinated.
Suprisingly, the stretching out of
' e' actually worked wonders for the poem's rhythm. I'm usually not fond of that particular tactic, personally, but here it succeeded, and totally failed to annoy me. Cool.
I think I'd prefer the oozy black angsty painful reality to *shudder* incandescent waterfalls. Plastic anything (that *shouldn't* be plastic) always freaked me out.