Reviews for Evening Ponderings
Shadow of Illusion chapter 1 . 1/26/2005
I really liked your poem...I think I read it for 3-4 times already...it's just so nice...so sad...
Marishi chapter 1 . 8/17/2004
You have a great gift for telling a story without actually telling us a story. I like this poem, the imagery is very beautiful. I'm a huge fan of roses. There are several lines in here that I'm quite fond of, but to pick them out would be separating and splicing, and wouldn't do anything justice. Good job.
Candyluv18 chapter 1 . 8/6/2004
I really like your poem. I personally luv romance poems that end sadly. I guess its because normally the world trys to show the ones that went right and never the ones that failed.
Deirdra Chaeli chapter 1 . 8/2/2004
...That's depressing, but it's beautiful. The blue rose adds a perfect touch of frozen beauty and sadness. Another wonderfully beautiful poem.
pneumothorax chapter 2 . 5/25/2004
It seems pretty much the same with a few changes, personally I preferred the other but only because of the title. Morning ponderings doesn't seem quite right somehow. You really don't need 2 of basically the same poems .. i though reading the same one (almost) ruined my little ... reverie.
pneumothorax chapter 1 . 5/25/2004
It's not angsty, it's just deep and .. lovely. I need a thesaurus. It really is well, beautiful almost, not quite sweet. Just 'there' - something I'm glad for having read but unable to explain how or why I like it. Which doesn't make for a good review. I prefer it over the last poem I've read. It's simple but nice.
catseyeview chapter 1 . 5/14/2004
This is sadly beautiful. Ends meant for beginnings but beginnings end. I'm usually not speechless as you can see from my long reviews but I almost am with this.
I Found Myself At 24 chapter 1 . 5/12/2004
*adds to faves* This was really beautiful. I loved all the imagery, the description, everythig. Great job! :)
Elizabeth Clary chapter 1 . 5/8/2004
Another really good poem. This one is deep & I like it. It has great imagery and it flows well. I think it's great.
bach-player chapter 1 . 5/5/2004
in the 4th stanza 'gave' should be 'grave' i'm assuming...the flow of your language is good. using more creative imagery would be helpful...crimson flowers...snow white hand...these are very over used images...your image of a blue rose is creative...good start w/ that.
Blackened Iris chapter 1 . 5/5/2004
Deep. I liked it. Excellent use of imagery and metephors. I applaude your talent.
Sometimes there is no silver lining
Karasu no sei chapter 2 . 5/5/2004
Spacing fixed
or changed for this part anyway... :P
I like this one a little more than Evening Ponderings, if only for the fact that it is more hopeful at the ending. Completely beautiful, the both of them anyway.
Karasu
A Pink Spider chapter 1 . 5/5/2004
I dig the poem. It rhymes and flows really well and is very heartfelt. I disliked the "It was only to end your pain/ It was only to begin my pain" lines, they seem very forced. I'm thinking it might help to replace the second line with something like "It was only to begin my Endless Rain," but that's just a referance to an X Japan song (a damn good one, I might add) or something like "It only serves to drive me insane"
9.5/10
GogoDidi chapter 1 . 5/4/2004
Wow...what a great poem. One question; Is this one also about Kel? I ask because I've noticed that some of your poems about pain between you and another person are for Kel. But off that topic, I really liked the part:
"Of how we 'must' be apart, you and I"
This part:
"You didn't want to have to do this"
almost makes me wonder why you two had to leave...but as Proust once said:
"It is seldom, indeed, that one parts on good term, because if one were on good terms, one wouold not part."
Hopefully you two will get over this road block, though I must say the pain does give you a edge to most writers, not to mention it seems to be a source of creativity.
Karasu no sei chapter 1 . 5/4/2004
I agree with Echo Despise that the double spacing doesn't look so good... *shrugs* still, it's a beautiful poem. I shall review BOTH chapters in TWO different reviews!
So it looks nicer when you get 2 emails from rather than one!
i'm high, can't you tell XP
Karasu