Reviews for Morning Confessions of an Ugly Girl
Shailaputri chapter 1 . 7/13/2017
It reflects much...good that I came across this..
Qweryuiop chapter 1 . 12/21/2016
I'm crying right now...Well done!
Raihana Ferdous chapter 1 . 9/23/2016
dear, I have been there... I found myself in this writing... don't be upset, life can't be simply about finding your prince charming... you don't need a prince to create your own empire... don't try to be a princess, be a queen.. brave, elegant and amazing
.. 3
Anon chapter 1 . 7/7/2016
This hit hard, thank you so much for writing this. It's everything we're not allowed to say, and more. Thank you... I'm in tears.
Guest chapter 1 . 6/12/2016
Thanks for actually telling the truth of what "ugly" is. I've searched the internet looking for something big coul relate to but it's all just BULLSHIT about pretty girls who think they're "ugly". I fucking hated whenever I saw those...made me want to die even more.

I know you probably won't read this but thank you.
You kinda saved my life.

For now.
ILoveGoodBooks777 chapter 1 . 10/20/2015
I can't even begin to describe how this story made me feel. Like, there's someone out there who actually understands how I feel, how I view myself.

I nodded in understanding when I read how she favors her eyes above all else because I. DO. IT. TOO. I think my eyes are the best and only beautiful part of my body. Call it a low self-esteem or whatever but it's true. No matter how many times my parents try to convince me otherwise, I still think it's true. The 'focusing on her wrist' part was so real, I almost shed tears.

The part about having beautiful friends and feeling like an ugly duckling made me chuckle darkly because yes, yes I do feel that way. Every time. Which is why I actively avoid taking pictures with them. They complain good naturedly, but I know they can never truly understand.

I also love how you said she thinks Prince Charming is for the pretty girls and how she's secretly searching for her own even though she's really doubting he exists. Every girl dreams of her fairytale ending but, it seems it's not just for everyone.

All in all, this was a fantastic story because it describes my life, my esteem in under two thousand words. I hope its just a story, though, and you don't honestly feel that way. Every one of God's creations is beautifully and wonderfully made. I know its easier recited than believed but it's true. Keep on being an amazing writer and stay beautiful!
Guest chapter 1 . 10/17/2015
I cried for every word u wrote. U wrote my story
Guest chapter 1 . 6/5/2014
Beautifully written!
Enkuush Mergen chapter 1 . 1/1/2014
What's worse than being ugly, is being ethnic and ugly. But hey, your writing is really great. This was really great. You're great. (I'm not a guy though, I'm sorry) I'll be your ugly mate though. Ugly people unite! And I totally understand you.
Guest chapter 1 . 6/18/2013
Like you took the ideas in my head I like how honest is it your true feelings
chocolatelover chapter 1 . 6/6/2013
your story really touched me, all my life I've never felt like I was special at self esteem is really low and in my eyes I'm as ugly as hell. Every time I see myself in the mirror and see my hideous appearance i always remember that those pretty girl's are probably gross looking monsters on the inside...
Dawn chapter 1 . 3/1/2013
You took the exact words and thoughts right out of my mind. For all the girls out there who still have problems with their image, all you have to know is that you will forever not carry this burden. I want you to realise that everything is subjective. You may not be so attractive in the eyes of others, but to your true love, you are all he wishes for. You may not be attractive to your co-workers or boss but your friends accept you, and if they dont, you still have your family. Ladies, think about the bigger picture, you are a woman, have some pride. sometimes when you have a positive attitude it just shines through. I know this sounds very idealistic but what we think is what we are. At the end of the day , everyone dies. It's a matter of how you lived your life. Have some fire and , don't let anything hold you back because this is your life, and you have the right to decide. It's not written anywhere that ugly people should live in misery. You CAN change your destiny.

with regards to this piece of writing, it really made me feel understood and not alone. I was crying from the middle, stunned at how every word matches my thoughts. You are a great writer and you know exactly how one feels.
Autumn chapter 1 . 2/26/2013
So I started reading this and with each and every word it just hit me hard as to how much I could relate to this. It's like we shared the same mind and it was like finally, there's someone who understands and can put it into words. It's weird how I found myself crying halfway through the entire piece. I have days where I feel incredibly hideous. Days where I can't stand to look myself in the mirror and your story really did take the words right out of my head. But I think people who experience this need to look at the positives. Look at what we like about ourselves. When I list any positives, I mean ANY I feel like that's how I can get past it. Not everything is bad. You just have to convince yourself of this. Your writing was so sincere and I am so glad I stumbled upon it. It really spoke to me.
MoonSmiles chapter 1 . 1/21/2013
Hello, let me tell you about a journey in my life that will save you from mistakes. I was always a happy girl, a comedian too I loved making people laugh, I always had this confidence in me. This confidence got stronger later in life when it was backed by anger. I will tell you a story about how my own family bullied me and changed my life a lot. When I was little I was adorable, i had long lashes and shiny black eyes (I think I'm the only person in the world who loves black eyes haha) I always smiled. But I also loved eating, I loved food, food was always happiness and still is. When I was in 5th grade I was chubbier than my siblings, I wasn't really fat fat but I needed bigger jeans and my mom who has an hourglass shape body made fun of me, she mocked me and called me fatass in front of all the people in the store. When i would ask for cookies or cake she would laugh and say " no you fatass stop eating". No one in school all my life ever bullied me, well I never let them, I was always class clown, and I always looked out for the shy and quiet kids and my crazy big brother who got bullied, haha I barely got into physical fights, for the most part ;). But at home it was a different story, my mom was the popular girl of the house and you didn't want to be the loser or she gets everyone to turn against you, how odd you would think, but unfortunately this funny and sad story involves me. She told me i was very ugly and would make me sleep on the floor.

I looked at the mirror a lot. I felt hideous, I'm a freaking potato I always thought.

I stopped eating somedays. I would just throw it away cleverly hiding it under all the trash.
I lost a lot of weight. And I'd puke a lot. I still loved eating it was very hard for me to avoid delicious smell of food. My hands became skinny to the point where you could see bones and I became anemic. Oneday I fainted and I had to go to the hospital, the doctor noticed I lost 40 pounds, she was very worried and she spoke to my mom. My mom laughed at me after we left the hospital, I felt this weird pain in my heart I just stared at my mom and I felt a sort of coldness and hatred it was a very weird feeling, I swear it felt like the time I almost drowned while trying to learn to swim.

Anyways I went back home and I looked at the mirror, and I just cried the hell out. Just then I stopped and I started talking to myself, I was saying things like: you know what I don't live for others, I don't give a shit. This is my life and I'm not gonna let this #$% win, from now one it's all about me. Me first and no one else! _ It felt so good! I made myself an awesome meal of delicious junk food.

A few months after I finally revived to normal me, I never let what mom said get to me, and dad although he was not much of a strong father always loved me a lot. I never like bothering him with my problems though because he had heart problems.

hahaha did you really think this story ends happily, yeah right queen of bad luck here :(

Anyways i started noticing something, my hair. My beautiful shiny black hair. It was falling like hell. Every day i woke up first thing on my pillow is chunks of hair. i wanted to die. I told my mom but she just laughed and called me baldy. I'm a teen this can't be happening. My doctor said it was nothing which made me want to question her ethos. Was she freaking blind I mean it was so obvious other people noticed it and would talk about me behind my back or when they thought i wasn't listening sometimes even in front of my face. you know what worrying about weight is bullshit there's cures for that and the best cure is god damn exercise which i wish i did instead. After doing research I have realized that when I had stopped eating for a long period of time suddenly it has caused the stress levels in my body to increase and triggered some other hormones and chemicals in my body. In other words there are no real cure for hair loss and I'm stuck. I'm clinging on the rest of my hair, as I am to my life. And now I pray everyday for a cure. I'e been trying to contact a dermatolgist but literally fate stops such a meeting from happening there's always something. My scalp is shining, I dont have the round face to pull off bald. If you're working on the cure for hair loss never give up, it is a thing people cry about and die because of it. I try to be as strong as before, but I can't seem to bring myself back to pieces. Sorry for all the mistakes, my keyboard is broken. And thanks for reading. Peace
Ivana chapter 1 . 12/17/2012