Reviews for Which is the religion for you!
Lora chapter 1 . 12/13/2006
Not to go against your last essay about what really ticks you off about other people's summaries but only about half of yours fit your own description of the summaries you want to read yourself. I thinkl this is very hypocritical. Now maybe I am twisting words in your mouth if I am it is not intentional and I am sorry but I am kind of thinking you are a hypocrit for writing that essay. Plwase email me back and explain if I am wrong. I would really like to know.
pagan chapter 1 . 8/7/2005
if you wanted to do a really good survey you should do some research on polytheistic beliefs...such as paganism, which is certainly not a "wholly new religion" in fact its probably older than anything remotely christian.
Delete Name chapter 1 . 5/7/2004
Hate to tell you this, but "Christianity (Church of England)
Methodist
Catholic
Protestant
Greek Orthodox
Russian Orthodox" are all the same religion, Christianity, and the Jewish beliefs are the same God. Islam, Hinduism, and all that, are not even based on the bible. So your essay has a moot point.
Evilmonkeys chapter 1 . 5/7/2004
ME! as everyone says you're not that bothered about the math part are you? but very good last two paragraphs. i like the way you introduce the topic by using the questionnaire/quiz thing. by the way i got confused by it - but thats just me!
fugiguru chapter 1 . 5/6/2004
this is a quiz... not an essay... and anyway, methodist, church of england, and most other christian faiths are protestant, so you didn't need to list them separately.
Loganberry chapter 1 . 5/6/2004
Hm... I agree with your conclusions, but the test itself is a little flawed. For one thing, question 2 is impossible to answer for an atheist like me - as I don't believe there *is* a God, how can I say whether said God is, or is not, inherently good?
I'm also slightly irritated by question 6. The way you've done your scoring means that atheists get low scores. Yet in Q6, to get a low score I'd need to give an answer I strongly disagree with. Thus, you're implying (if unintentioanlly) that those without a God are less moral because of it, something I reject utterly.
Finally, how can I possibly get the score of "between 0 and 20 points" that I require to be an atheist? There are 8 questions, with a minimum score on each of 5; thus, the lowest possible score is 40.
As I said at the start of this review, I do agree that far too much effort is expended by people yelling at each others' beliefs. It would probably have been best if you'd skipped the quiz and expanded on your (to my mind) much more interesting final two paragraphs.
Guin chapter 1 . 5/5/2004
I've thought this a few times. I also saw that programme on the telly and thought it a bit silly really. What kind of GOd would save someone JUST because someone prayed for them. What happened if by no fault of their own they prayed to the wrong god? I'm sure He wouldn't just go 'oops, sorry, none of your relatives prayed today. Muhahaha you just caught Aids for that!'
If their is a God he probabally doen'nt care that much about little things like that. Well. That's what I think anyway.
An interesting way of presenting things! Could add a bit more to this. Well done.
Voronwe chapter 1 . 5/4/2004
Uhm...seems to me no matter what answers you pick, you'll eventually get 20 points...
Also, it's not right to bunch all those religions into a "generalized" lists. If you'd actually done research, you probably would have learned that their values and attitudes aren't "very similar".
There's my two cents.