Reviews for I Fear
grim-dreamer chapter 1 . 7/25/2004
"Each to his own" doesn't exist. Everyone has a well-known secret.
Princess of Darkness 72 chapter 1 . 6/20/2004
It seems to me that this poem is comparing our current war on terror to the salem witch trials. If this is so then its a great analogy!
SweetWithUncertainty chapter 1 . 6/13/2004
You need only to be afraid of the religion that encourages suicide, murder, and other sinful things. That poem was interesting, made me wonder, but I realized in the end that was nothing more than a plee for help.
In Christ, my loving lord and savior,
SwimmerGirl
RosElisabeth chapter 1 . 6/4/2004
Astounding. This is truely beautiful.
The L1zard Queen chapter 1 . 5/26/2004
This was good, and what you're saying makes sense, and you have a good point - BUT, it is not religion that is destroying the world. At least, not in my eyes. It is the people that are doing bad things in the name of religion. They are wrong. Because, I don't believe it is right to kill in the name of God. Relgion is not wrong, but organised relgion can be corrupt because of the crazy views some people have. I wouldn't say it's 'God's fault' or 'religion's fault', I would say it's just the people. THEY'RE ALL CRAZY
The Black Rider chapter 1 . 5/25/2004
Now, this is what I was looking for. Passionate, emotional, and all-around mesmerizing. Not a perfect poem, but certainly worth the read. Again, certain viewpoints I disagree with, but at least you had passion going for you.
Ialokin chapter 1 . 5/23/2004
its good very powerful the only issue i have with it is there is is a bout where it looses its poetic charm and turns into a rant. but then goes back . its a bit out of character at that point. also the poem is very one sided (which dont get me wrong is your choice to be one sided) but it might make for interesting poems to rigth fromt he opposite perspective...love ur stuff btw!
the heart's pawn-shop chapter 1 . 5/19/2004
Great job. Although i don't agree that one should fear religion in any way that the protagonist (if yourself) did. But your thoughts were clearly displayed and your flow is good, too!
Nicely done,
-lunelapis
(thanks for the super-duper review, too :)
pax driver chapter 1 . 5/16/2004
that's an awesome piece! you raise a very logical comparison. i'm always facinated by the many ways history repeats itself so you've won me over on this one or theme alone; add to that your ability to word it so poetically. very good, keep writing :)
the mouse that roared chapter 1 . 5/16/2004
That was very good. I feel similarly about some parts, but not about others. I mean, I agree with the sentiment of the poem, and I fear the destructive power of religion, but there are some aspects of religion that help people find peace. It is when people confuse what they value from their religion and what is wrong or they dislike that problems arise.
vturnip chapter 1 . 5/13/2004
Perfect. A favorite.
Guardian Omen chapter 1 . 5/13/2004
Yeah, wow. Amazing is the only word I can come up with. I agree with so many points in this poem I'm surprised that I didn't write it myself 0 and a few things you talked about did hit a little close to home for me. But all in all an amazing poem. Great job.
Willow Elandria chapter 1 . 5/12/2004
wow... powerful.
i love the way it increases in intensity.
"they trade us lies for their veil of dignity" - wonderful line.
excellent, excellent job.
pseudocidal chapter 1 . 5/10/2004
This is definitely one of the best poems I've seen on here so far. It's so powerful...I've thought about things like this before, but you just write it so well! Very nice work :)
Seeker of the Way chapter 1 . 5/9/2004
yAy! The pope said that about the Cathars, a gnostic sect of Christians. INSANITY! What did the CHRUCH do abotu slavery? supported it. What did the CHURCH do in Germany to protect the Jews under Nazism? Not enough. I stadn by my words tho they sound judgemental to you I call them Truth. I call them pain unteneable. i call them out to you!
LOVED IT Jessika - you ROCK! Yoyu ar ecoming even farehr down the Path of God with you lucious positive LOVE ALL vibe - ROCK ON!