Reviews for A Prayer For Canada
angelika chapter 1 . 9/20/2008
I really liked this, its so sadly true as well
ghostless87 chapter 1 . 6/22/2008
Have you been to Quebec?

Most of the people there are Catholic.
TesubCalle chapter 1 . 12/19/2006
You get an emphatic "AMEN" from me on this one, Jesus-Freak. Well said. Beautiful.

The fact that even when our national anthem is performed, the most "religious" verse from the original version has always been omitted. Shows just how secular our country was from the beginning, I think.

That missing verse goes like this:

Ruler supreme, who hearest humble prayer,

Hold our dominion whithin thy loving care;

Help us to find, O God, in thee

A lasting, rich reward,

As waiting for the Better Day,

We ever stand on guard.

God keep our land glorious and free!

O Canada! We stand on guard for thee!

O Canada! We stand on guard for thee

And lest we forget how the French version goes, (Quebec, how you've fallen!)

"O Canada! Land of our forefathers

Thy brow is wreathed with a glorious garland of flowers.

As in thy arm ready to wield the sword,

So also is it ready to carry the cross.

Thy history is an epic of the most brilliant exploits.

Ch.

Thy valour steeped in faith

Will protect our homes and our rights

Will protect our homes and our rights."

Guess they seem to trust more in a seperatist government to protect those homes and rights than anything else, now.
gettin new account chapter 1 . 12/15/2006
okay then...

there's a reason why the state doesn't mix with religion, you know, christianity isn't even the religion of the majority. even if it was, it's wrong to push the values of one religion down the throats of everyone else.

besides, politics lost it's trust before losing religion. there was just as much sin and corruption back in the 1800's and early 1900s.
On Mercury chapter 1 . 11/23/2004
Like everyone else said, "You ever heard of seperation of Church and State?"

There's a reason for it. So people like Bush don't win people over by being a Christian.

Duhh.

OM
Lady Lemmy chapter 1 . 8/5/2004
Have you ever heard of seperation of church and state? Honestly, I don't know how closed minded one person can be. People may have different beliefs than you. It is incredibly self-centered to write a poem like this, disregardless of other people and their faiths. Christianity isn't the only faith out there, you know.
Angry Canadian chapter 1 . 5/7/2004
Hey Freak, ever heard of something called "seperation of church and state"? If you want to live in a theocracy why not move to Afghanistan? 'Cause I know we don't need people like you in this country.
Getuie chapter 1 . 5/7/2004
Amen! A honest and true call... just get ready because obviously it might create some contraversy