Reviews for My Melancholy
TaschaBear chapter 1 . 9/16/2004
Jacob, I read your bio and well, you could of told me that we aren't friends anymore. It was pretty cruel to realize that i had to figure it out by myself. I bet you don't even care, that I hate this school and all that. Oh wait, why should you? We aren't friends anymore.(at least that is what you said) As one of your quotes says: LIfe screws us all...well I think this time it did really screw you!
Nessa Minyatur
Rachel Faith A. Teknoman 333 chapter 1 . 7/19/2004
'Leave me here in melancholy' - love that line... it's exactly how I feel most of the time.
Great poem
-Rachel
Debbirooni chapter 1 . 7/9/2004
"Contrary existence is all I find." That's a great line... paradoxal (sp), but it works perfectly in that line, and in this poem. Well, anyways, this is a great poem. It seems very depressing, and by including your surroundings in this poem, you make it a lot stronger. I like this poem.
Great job! Keep writin!
-Debbirooni
AntiPleasure chapter 1 . 6/16/2004
Hey hey )
I like the whole them of melancholy. Especially how you lure the reader in with the lightness, the sun shining and kids playing. I like how you contrast the lightness with your depressing feelings. Simply put and I like it.
Jenna xx
Alucardx03 chapter 1 . 6/8/2004
Very cool. There is ample description without being verbose and the description also goes hand in hand with a feeling. Very well written!
Wrathful Diana chapter 1 . 5/30/2004
I don't think the narrator is going insane, if they were they'd want to rule the world. Nice poem
Nymph
Cry Tears of Darkness chapter 1 . 5/15/2004
seems like everyone has poems bout melancholy... but pls, sm1, WHAT IS MELANCHOLY! WHAT DOES IT MEAN?
Eternal Aeris chapter 1 . 5/9/2004
THis is good jake! I keep checking. you need to update more often! Huggles! -Lilah
Eagle Seance chapter 1 . 5/8/2004
Haha. it's very cloudy and grey outside and this goes perfectly well with it. Very well written and expressed. I don't think i can write something like that even with the 'inspiration' right in front of me. Great stuff. Like the last line
rambler chapter 1 . 5/8/2004
hey...this poem is beautiful. it really is. somehow those gentle images and feelings manage to project a greater melancholic picture into your existence...its brilliantly expressed. your words are subtle, and your images are gentle, and yet you've managed to create such an effect.
Breaking Heart chapter 1 . 5/8/2004
hey,kid
umm,sorrie.i really be 15.16 is wishful thinking.
anyways.
i love is written perfectly.
very lovely.
your irish lover
(i love you! this poem rocks)
Lichen chapter 1 . 5/8/2004
O. SO COOL.
til-iburnout aka Amanda Helton chapter 1 . 5/8/2004
Wow, this is...I love it! It's going to my favorites, I've felt this before. You keep impressing me over and over, I love your work.
keep writing-
till-iburnout
DaenerysStormBorn chapter 1 . 5/8/2004
i like the word melancoly