Reviews for The Child That Did Not Help
grim-dreamer chapter 1 . 7/25/2004
There is a poem from the Romantic period written by Mary Lamb, where a little boy withdraws food from the sparrows he is feeding because of a greedy rook who takes the food away. It goes to show that life is one great de ja vu after another.
forbidden passion chapter 1 . 6/2/2004
you are wonderful! gifted indeed!
Aleonic Relic chapter 1 . 6/1/2004
this poem makes me wonder about a lot of things. you did a great job writing it, good work.
The Black Rider chapter 1 . 5/25/2004
This poem at least had more passion and feeling than the last two poems, but if you are suggesting that we've done nothing but harm Iraq, you couldn't be more wrong.
It's true that the Iraqi situation is looking bad right now, but to say we've made no progress in Iraq and have harmed it is just plain idiotic. We have Saddam Hussein in custody, the Iraqi people are at last free to speak their mind, and a constitution is currently being worked out. That's fantastic progress no matter what has happened.
I'm not saying you're an idiot, but the idea expressed in this poem (or at least the idea I got from it) is ridiculous. But not a bad effort poetically.
lostontheroof chapter 1 . 5/23/2004
This is one of the best poems I've ever read. Keep writing!
simpleplan13 chapter 1 . 5/16/2004
hmm interesting symbolism.. I see it... and im thinking we share many political views lol... its very true in that metaphor.. I was thinking of the child has a parent and the bird as a hcild...
the mouse that roared chapter 1 . 5/16/2004
Wow. Very true. Hopefully it will not happen, but the way things are going, it probably will.
pixy-dizzy chapter 1 . 5/16/2004
*sniffles* sad...but so true. Awesome metaphors.
Minchi chapter 1 . 5/15/2004
Wow! That was really good and I liked the symbolism.
Incrys chapter 1 . 5/15/2004
Excellent symbolism...it flowed naturally, didn't seem forced at all.
vturnip chapter 1 . 5/14/2004
Poor kid, he/she didn't understand. Maybe never can. This seems like a brief look at a disturb childs life.
WarriorHeart chapter 1 . 5/13/2004
Ha! So truthful, only I think our "wonderful" (join me in the mockery!) pres wanted to screw 'em.
Sterces chapter 1 . 5/12/2004
o_O Wow... That was excellent. I admit that I did giggle at the end but blame it on my morbid mind. Wow. And I'm happy to see more poems from you! I'm always excited when I see a new poem of yours posted. I know that no matter what, it will be MaRvELoUs! I love your poetry! Write on!
Sterces
Hannah Jae chapter 1 . 5/11/2004
That was really well done. Somewhat saddening but well done. I like it.
tofujunky chapter 1 . 5/11/2004
Damn! Sorry . . . but damn! That was captivating, moving, and marvelously written. I don't think anyone can come up with a better analogy and/or write it so effectively.

"The bird was nursed back to health with great intentions. Then the child, clipped it’s wings and broke it’s bones."

The irony in these lines established the twisted humor for the ending lines. I must admit, I chuckled - call me a sicko, but I couldn't help myself.

I recommend you place this beautiful piece under the 'Politics' section; it would fit right in.

-tofujunky