Reviews for Abaddon's Cave
Werecat99 chapter 1 . 4/17/2005
Very good story, overall. Chilling and creepy, it certainly had the Lovecraftian atmosphere.

A few things I'd like to note/ask:*Who name the old house Olde Home? Was this a folk name, or a name given from past inhabitants?I liked the way you described it, BTW.

*How did the family end there? Were they homeless people, looking for shelter, or were they snatched from the street and carried there? This just struck me as a question a police officer might ask.

*How were they discover the bodies? Were there screaming, for instance? Perhaps if you mentioned something on this, it might add to the atmosphere. Just an idea.

*Loved the description of the woods.

*Perhaps it's just me having watched too many Law and Order episodes, but it felt to me that your main character did not sound much as a police officer. This, however, might be just my idea, so feel free to ignore me.

Good work, overall. The ending was fitting to the tale, methinks: Dark and a bit vague, like most of the Master's works.
mushroom-hunter-d chapter 1 . 5/14/2004
hey there,
Lovecraft is the master, isn't he?
I liked your story, the grammar and spelling were good, and i just loved the discriptions of the woods towards the end of the story.
The beginning had me a bit confused though, did the murdered family live in Olde Home? or were they dragged there? or visiting?
The title of your story is "Abaddon's Cave" but the cave wasn't actually named in the story. Does this mean that you will continue? *hopeful look* The story does work fine as a one shot though, many of Lovecraft's stories did not really resolve anything.
Feel free to email me if you want to discuss this review or Lovecraft's works. - [)