Reviews for The Travesty of Inaction
milhistbuff1 chapter 1 . 5/7/2005
there will always be gunfire in the streets somewhere for some reason. The guilt lies in knowing about it and doing to stop it. Even if you merely protest it, via your writing or statements. "how to break free of all this contemptible misery" - Its when we treat the misery with contempt that we shoulder the guilt. - great job, very moving. Matt
Getuie chapter 1 . 8/4/2004
You're use of rhyme in this was quite fitting... It did so much to the emphasis of certain lines... as did the repetition. an amazing piece by far. Had my favourites list not been full, I would've added this to it... but I'm definitely going to put it on my list I've made on my profile. I think my favourite stanza had to be the third to last one ... The questions you pose... truly something wonderful this...
Deirdra Chaeli chapter 1 . 8/2/2004
oh my...
This perhaps your most evocative and challenging piece. You pull on heartstrings, and then offer a way to do something about it. It makes me want to skip school to go work with inner city kids, to offer love to the broken.
"Children needlessly die
They fall in the streets with blood-stained souls
They fall in their homes with blood-stained hands
They fall in silent places with blood-stained minds"
That portion hit me. I have seen these people. I have been one. And I want to help. Thank you for being a messenger to the apathetic ones who don't feel the same way.
Amara Ryden chapter 1 . 5/14/2004
i finally got around to reviewing this, and i really like it! )
i love the line:
"We are, all of us, Guilty in some way"
catseyeview chapter 1 . 5/14/2004
some more stand out lines here. It is because of the masses...and the next three after this that really stuck out. Again, I think you can give these lines some reverance by putting them in a shorter poem so they stand out. Nice work.
Steel Winged Angel chapter 1 . 5/13/2004
Holy C*ap! This is...whoah. *blinks, trying to think of an english word to describe the awesomeness* Awesome-brilliant-wonderful-cool-fantasic-beautiful-melancholic-sad-genious-devine-fantastico-bueno-glorious...hehe..I think you get the idea. Man...you just really pour your soul into these. I'm running out of awesome words _. In any event, beyond awesome work here Matthew.
Cry Tears of Darkness chapter 1 . 5/12/2004
WOW! *Amazing that there is a dedication out there partially for her in the summary...* Either way, amazing (The only word I seem to know) poem! It's really good. And I've read Pure Sin by Prince of Mirkwood and (obviously) I've read my poem, lol, and it is a great mix of both with your own creativity and work in there. It's great! So beautifull said, written and expressed... Just, wow! *Checks favs box* ;) Just purely wonderful!
Tara