Reviews for The Media and how it influences us on Drug Abuse
Lost Inside chapter 1 . 12/13/2004
I liked it. Good job!

Lost Inside
Mina Skywalker chapter 1 . 8/11/2004
Interesting. I totally agree that the media influences drug abuse. I get sick with each new beer commercial that comes on. I suppose that is just how are society has become though huh? Well if you arn't too busy- please read and review my work The Violin. I'd appreciate this so much. I need critisim for it, because I plan on making it better. So hold nothing back and tell me your honest opinion. Its what I want to know! Thank you! please keep writing your fiction stories! You are very talented!
StrawberryWater chapter 1 . 8/7/2004
I like it, it got the point accross..."along with a whole bunch of other things" I think, though, you should've found some way to change that...maybe "And find other numerous actions to stop the 'promotion'" or something. I really didn't have time to think about it, so it's not very good. The sentence was good as it was, though, but my teacher calls me a "Word Perfectionist"
girl of death 14 chapter 1 . 8/5/2004
OK, you sorta weren't clear on this. Everything said the media is evil, don't listen to commercials, companies who portray any drugs, alcohol, or tobacco products are straight from hell, ect. Then in the last paragraph you say that it's not really their fault, it's "our choice". Ok...
I honestly don't think ONE teen ODing on caffeine pills per year should result in a nationwide caffeine awareness campaign. Yeah, it's sad for everyone around that one teen, but first concentrate on other problems, such as the really addicting drugs. To me, caffeine addiction is about the same as being addicted to weed...it's a veryveryvery slim percentage of the people who use it that are addicted.
I think as long as you are the one watching TV, you need to make your own choices. If you're watching 'That 70's Show', for example, and they're all smoking, it doesn't mean you need to run out and do that, too. It's all in the choices of the person who sees it, and even if they banned all drug, alcohol, and tobacco usage in all forms of the media, there would still be millions of people who use all of it. The best thing for people to do is make their own choices and try to convince the people they care about to stay away from what they feel is wrong. Nothing else you can do.
The essay, however, was veryveryvery well written. Good job. You had many good points, I just like disagreeing with people. . Maybe I ought to join a debate team instead of cluttering up everyone's review section with pointless rambling. Farewell! -me-
theworldisround chapter 1 . 7/27/2004
It was alright. I mean, you did a good job in writing it but it's a subject that we read and hear about all too often.
I don't think the media influences the decisions I make, but maybe it does for others.
nine iron chapter 1 . 5/19/2004
Very important issue. You are a good writer, I would like your help if possible on my story "Ross and I" and maybe advice on how to improve my writing skills in stories. I did a few short prose in "The 100 Club". Thankyou so much.
Nine Iron
An Inside Joke chapter 1 . 5/15/2004
I think you need to take into account other factors. While the media may have a small effect on people's decision, I don't think it really has all that much power. From what I've seen, most people who smoke underage have problems at home, or other major things. As for drinking, in my school, it's generally accepted. I don't think underage drug use is really a media problem- it's more society and learning values. On the other side, I never knew caffien could be so bad.
Anarchy-in-america chapter 1 . 5/14/2004
Weed really isn't considered a hard drug. Cocain, heroin, meth, etc, are considered hard drugs.
Khenna chapter 1 . 5/13/2004
I'll make pointers as I go through.
~
For cormmercials, it might be a good point to mention that after the super bowl or whatever (I really don't watch TV, really) they have one of those 'top ten commercials' thing mabobbers. Might be good to mention that.
~
Thats the only thing I had to not one, other then that it was an interesting essay. Was it for a school project?
James Jago chapter 1 . 5/13/2004
It's inevitable that people will be exposed to conflicting messages from parents, teachers and the media. You just have to form your own opinion.
Minie, if anybody's interested, is that the side effects of marijuana can scarcely be worse than the side effects of Prozac- I have had the dubious privilege of seeing what the latter can do first-hand.
Alice Montrose chapter 1 . 5/13/2004
This is a very good essay, and I do agree with you. Still, what striks me as funny in my own country is these "commercials" promoting non-smoking and warning us that alcohol is bad... right after cigrette and wine/beer commercials ;
I believe that the media is its own entity, and that it does not matter what it promotes as long as there's good money to be had. And sadly, it's the tobacco, coffee and alcoholic drinks companies that pay "the big money".
But I shall give myself as an example of how not to start smoking when your parents, brother and most of your friends do. The only "drug" I take regularly is cofeine - one can't be a sait ;;
Jamez chapter 1 . 5/12/2004
That was a wonderful essay! I'm not really one that writes essays, but I love to read them and that was probably the best I've seen on this site. The topic was most definatly the most important. I 100% agree with your views on the media and drug and alcohol abuse. I know so many people who smoke and use drugs and some of them say "Hell, I'll never quit smoking pot" these are people who can have futures. I thank you because this essay made me realize the media has something to do with the decisions we make and not just on this topic.
Its was enjoyable, easy to comprehend and I hope you continue to write these essays, if you ever got them puplished, you might just change some lives.
Keep it up!