Reviews for The River
milhistbuff1 chapter 1 . 4/25/2005
my fear is we will finally succeed in destroying humanity just as we begin accepting its value. the "river" is respect for human life no matter, how warped or small its still there. Only, we seek constantly to destroy it in a bizarre form of gratuitous purification:Genocide. Hitler, Stalin,Saddam, Milosevic, it never ends despite our best efforts. -A very powerful and emotionally gripping poem, thanks for recomending it-Matt
Deirdra Chaeli chapter 1 . 8/2/2004
I am floored. Completely and utterly stunned. Simply amazing. You deserve the spots on my favorite stories list, you have earned them unquestionably. Absolutely amazing.
Steel Winged Angel chapter 1 . 5/17/2004
Reminds me of my poem "Look Beyond the Rain", only this is far more abstract and dark. It's different than your usual poems, so I assume you are trying new styles, which I like. You never cease to amaze me with your work. Brilliant, as always.
Hawke
asherlev chapter 1 . 5/17/2004
it's a beautiful poem, and you definately tackled a lot in it. good job on your content. as to the question your poem asks, "what would the river be without the rocks?"
a river without rocks is still a river.
catseyeview chapter 1 . 5/14/2004
I do like this...It is funny, just finishing up the spring semester, I taught on the "Scientific Revolutions." We keep thinking throughout history we "know" the answers now...but still it remains a mystery, as you said we can dream. I love that you put in, "we love completely without understanding." I think you can bring that from a worldy scope into a microscope...don't we do that in our own relationships. Why love? It's never an answer that is completely tangible. Nice work!
Cry Tears of Darkness chapter 1 . 5/13/2004
wow. amazing. i need a new word. but your work really is that though... *sighs* ah well, nice job! i still cant believe how long your poems are to mine, lol! mine get shorter and shorter, youre get longer and longer, lol! check it out if u dont believe me, i posted a new one todya, shoter :P okay way off topic going on about short and long poems. point: YOUR POEM KICKS ASS GUY!