Reviews for On Faith
Chidori Nadare chapter 1 . 2/17/2007
This is actually a beautiful piece. I am Christian(Roman Catholic) but I respect what you think about it. Anyways, this is quite good.

-music is everything
happy thing chapter 1 . 12/26/2004
Wonderful satire. I love it. You call attention to the lack of logic in their view. Well done.
singingspeechless chapter 1 . 7/30/2004
ok, so i must argue a small point on this one. "Religion" is not a belief in the unseen. Someone's religion could be that they believe in the tree outside in their back yard (and we can certainly see that). "Faith" however is the belief in the unseen. And everyone has "Faith" in something, whether it be in themselves alone.
Aleonic Relic chapter 1 . 6/15/2004
Interesting, I can't say I agree since blind faith never helped anyone. Good poem, a bit short but well done.
SweetWithUncertainty chapter 1 . 6/13/2004
Not all faiths are blind you know, but interesting poem.
In Christ,
SwimmerGirl
Child of the Sky chapter 1 . 6/2/2004
This poem is pretty funny, because it is completely true. I didn't quite understand the line of "Clap to save the fairies", but otherwise it's pretty good.
Nayoming Grae chapter 1 . 6/1/2004
i don't want to sound like every other review you got on this but i'm gonna anyway, sorry:
the most impactful lines are the last two, in my opinion (and a few others').
maybe i was reading it incorrectly but it didn't flow very well in my head. but it is simple and to the point, which i like. so thanx.
Reginald Humpdenshire chapter 1 . 6/1/2004
Wonderful. I agree completely with what you're saying and love how you made the point.
The L1zard Queen chapter 1 . 5/26/2004
Good..although some religious people may find it offensive. I think the same point that you're trying to get across with this poem could be applied to the kind of faith some people have in the leader of this country.
The Black Rider chapter 1 . 5/25/2004
Well, I do believe in God, but I respect your opinion.
My only problem with the poem itself is that it doesn't really do anything for me. I'm always inclined to enjoy poetry even if I don't agree with it, but this didn't have very much emotion or impact on me. It's just words.
But a good effort nonetheless.
di chan forever chapter 1 . 5/25/2004
Once again, a very true piece of work! ..made me smile
evilcourtney chapter 1 . 5/23/2004
Very nice, very true. You remind me of my friend Pastbyer. And that is a compliment by the way. *hides from Past*
Also, thanks for your feedback on 'Bush vs Sexuality'. I appreciate the time you took to state your opinions. -
vanburen chapter 1 . 5/23/2004
even though it is about faith the part about fairies made it kind of creepy, as if the whole poem was mocking me. good work.
Foxius chapter 1 . 5/21/2004
That's one of the few poems on this site which actually speaks sense without being either over the top or just cheesy.
I agree with what you're saying in this poem, mostly. I'm not sure about this line though -
"Just think happy thoughts"
Hey, give the "believers" a little more credit than that!
lazarusoutcast chapter 1 . 5/21/2004
Excellent! Not only can I relate completely to your POV, but I love nothing more than satire and sarcasm in the poetry I read, along with a good dose of humour. Those are the more difficult modes of expression in a poem (tragedy is easy, comedy is hard, satire even harder)-and you rhyme as well!
36 | Page 1 .. Last Next »