Reviews for The Politics of Monopoly
CrazyChik chapter 2 . 12/22/2004
You seem like a very creative person. I read your other works too, but since I aint american I did not really get them.
holocaustpulp chapter 2 . 11/15/2004
Interesting, excellent concept. I'll leave the rest of the praise to all other viewers, but this was witty, well written and very relevant. My only beef with it is its capitalistic leanings, but I presume I would've adapted a communist attitude if I had written something along the lines of this.
Genius-Ben chapter 2 . 10/1/2004
I was quite stoked to see that you updated this story. I still think it is a jolly good concept and extremely imaginative.
However, it is still a little choppy in areas and has a few typos you may wish to take care of (I'm too lazy to point them out individually).
I can't wait (though I shall have to) to see where this will go next. Keep up the good work.
Bravo.
Hatrack chapter 2 . 9/17/2004
Pleasant chuckles all oround. It reminds me of playing clue during indoor recess in the third grade. I was Colonial Mustard and carried a gattling gun procured from one my GI Joes.
biminator chapter 2 . 9/17/2004
hahahah. I can't believe you updated this. I thought it was a one-shot. Oh well, I was in stitches. update soon.
this is my love for you chapter 1 . 9/2/2004
I never really thought about Monopoly pieces having personalities and talking, of all things, about money and politics! Good story - I thought it was quite witty.
Seeker of the Way chapter 1 . 6/2/2004
funy and clever! a few typos adn it doen't really go anywhere, but still fun and different!
CommandoCody chapter 1 . 5/28/2004
This is good stuff. I've played Monopoly hundreds of times, and I never thought to add a sociopolitical aspect to it. It leaves the reader with some burning questions though. How would different editions of the board interact? What if you spliced two of them at the "Go" square and played a game of Double Monopoly? All of these are questions that The People must know the answers to.
Forest Passant chapter 1 . 5/23/2004
hah. that was funny. definite capitalist messages, though...
incidentally-a republican living in massachusetts? i'd almost feel sorry for you if it wasn't for the fact that i'm a liberal, and now you get a taste of what it feels like for the rest of us to live under Bush...
ATrevelan chapter 1 . 5/20/2004
This is really really funny stuff. Its an extremely original premise, and you pulled it off remarkably well. Keep it up.
biminator chapter 1 . 5/19/2004
that was a hilarious take on monopoly. the arguments, the babbling, all of it was great. this could make a good series.
Genius-Ben chapter 1 . 5/19/2004
Excellent. This is an extremely rare find on FictionPress, a story that I actually ENJOYED reading. Bravo.
The idea was absolutely inspired, you took a boring, simple game of monopoly and portrayed as something exciting. I have great respect for that. Bravo.
The main problem I had with it is that it is slightly awkward to read in a few areas, such as when you are switching between different pieces speaking.
Besides that, you should DEFINETLY change the rating to at least PG for strong language. (I would normally object to it's being used at all, but in this case it seemed to fit.)
Overall a very good story, with just a little more work it could be a masterpiece! Bravo.
I believe I will now go and check if you have any other stories for me to read...
amazingblazes chapter 1 . 5/19/2004
Nice. This is pretty funny! I like the whole "game pieces talking to each other" thing. You should check out my monopoly story...*plug plug*