Reviews for Purity
MungoJerry chapter 1 . 3/2/2007
Hmm.. I'm going to have to agree with Estelwen on the style, it sounds to forced for my tastes, and I'm not a big fan of total rhyming, either. But the subject matter is nice. :) You go, girl!
Estelwen of the Elder Days chapter 1 . 6/1/2005
You shouldn't strain so much to mnake it rhyme, it sounds deadened and awkward. You can't feel any real emotion or passion in it. "Until my true love I'll meet" -your grammar is off there, it should be, "until my true love I might," or, even better, "until I meet my true love." If you must have it rhyme, at least don't sacrifice proper grammar and clarity to it! Rearrange the rhyme scheme!

I won't comment on the subject matter, because it's clearly something on which you and I are going to disagree, but I will say that as long as you're talking so impersonally, and about something you DON'T feel rather than something you do, your poetry will probably remain dull and emotionless. Don't forget that poetry is all about the expression of passion!
negligible fictional force chapter 1 . 8/26/2004
wonderful.
an ideal motto
for every girl.
Destiny's Canvas chapter 1 . 6/5/2004
It is so true and I am a believer of waiting until you're married before having sex. I hope who I end up with can understand that. Great poem.
Raven Gray chapter 1 . 6/3/2004
length of poem really doesn't matter to me just as long as you state your point which you clearly did...i'm not really one for chastity because if you had to wait then why did God give you free will...it's your body but also your choice...i agree with not being loose though and i really appreciate your opinion keep up the good work :)
Written In Stone chapter 1 . 5/23/2004
I so know what you mean in this. I feel the same way about this. Some guys are pushy though. That's when you ditch them. I have a while to wait though for that person. Great poem. I really liked it though. It's cool that you addressed the subject. Not many people do.
LovesLostCat chapter 1 . 5/23/2004
This is good, sure I don't agree with the subject, but still i like how it is written.
xCatx
oohaysemag2001 chapter 1 . 5/22/2004
Beatiful poem, & well written keep up the good work.
Love Mom
Q-Storm chapter 1 . 5/21/2004
Very good. You are so good of a writer and you touched on a subject that needs to be heard more often. Very well done.
Leo chapter 1 . 5/20/2004
This is good purity is a good thing good job!
marshbar960 chapter 1 . 5/20/2004
good poem! i loved the way you portray for feelings about virginity and abstinence in this poem..yet i do have one recommendation:
the word "vow" is used a bit too frequently for such a short poem...i'd recommend that you use some synonyms for vow so that it wouldn't sound so repititious..but please don't let that rock your boat...overall the poem was very nice an very teaching! thanks for sharing and happy writing and publishing!
MistrissD chapter 1 . 5/20/2004
Short but sweet, very nice the way you portray your views, and all the more power to you
Stormbringer chapter 1 . 5/20/2004
There is nothing wrong with that! Priorites are great to have, it's a shame that others don't wish to be that way.
But to comment, you used the word "vow" a lot... maybe you could use some more adjectives or somethin' so your poem wouldn't sound repitious.
But don't let that get you down, your poem was very nice.