Reviews for The Prince's Courtesan
A.Kashikoi chapter 2 . 1/12/2013
This is based off of the Legend of Anarkali, of course historically it was proven to be false. However, this story is one of Pakistan's very few legends and in her honor (sort of) they named Anarkali Bazaar after her. I like this story, it's interesting how you had the idea of making it. Most people don't know who Anarkali is.
aisha chapter 3 . 4/5/2012
i was always fasenated with the story of anarkali, so i am really excited to continue reading. very good. keep up with the good writing. and like with the arabian nights it is well researched.
Ioga chapter 4 . 11/13/2011
I realized I forgot this from my earlier review:

"If she could snatch one from there she could purchase her freedom and a monkey to go with it."

My favourite line in the story. :D
Ioga chapter 7 . 11/9/2011
So, I've caught up with Arabian nights and some other fics and got curious for this something I found in India that I found from my to-read: Historicals section.

While I was reading this I was wondering what story I knew the author's name from before. Thanks to a momentary case of bad name memory, it honestly never occurred to me that it was you! Despite the similarity in picking local terms and the general setting, it is just that different from the other story. Your grammar issues have reduced significantly, the plot of Arabian nights is rock-solid (I dunno how much of it inherits the original though, haven't actually read it itself), and you no longer underline the foreign terminology in an "educative-out-loud" way, so it rolls more smoothly. Is it really just been a couple of years between these two?

When I compare your earlier production to current, I'm even more impressed by what you do now than I was just reading it. There's a lot of starting authors here, but usually people seem to either be "born great" (very rare, very enviable) or fall into a few more or less still-practicing/looking for that big hit categories, without a clear development to be seen through their production. This was a really valuable read for me, it also gives me hope that I could maybe develop from my end-of-school stage onwards too, rather than having a rather static set of strengths and weaknesses that aren't going anywhere. X-) Another reason why not to toss early production overboard!

Thanks for this!
InkIllusionist chapter 7 . 5/21/2007
oh please update soon! Your story is brilliantly playing out and I am hooked. Your use of urdu in the dialogue is superb...very well done. I can speak Urdu so i understand, but for people who do not, everything is described so accurately that they do not miss a beat! Consider me a loyal fan of this story!
woodland.goddess chapter 6 . 12/31/2006
I've been slowly enjoying this story, picking away at it between homework, editing my own book and helping friends with their writing. I must say, I'm quite enjoying it, especially your most recent chapter. I think you're writing style is lovely, and it's very easy for me to picture characters and setting. I adore most types of history, and was excited to see something taking place in India.

I'm enjoying the plot, which has taken an interesting turn. I admire Anarkali's guts, but at the same time I feel sorry for her. She must be lonely, especially now that Gul's married. Perhaps she'll make friends with Ferdinand? I'm not sure how I feel about Salim anymore... I liked him at first, but now he seems like a typical spoiled prince. I hope he proves me wrong!

My only suggestion is to perhaps get a friend to edit for you before you put chapters up; I've seen a few spelling errors.

Thnak you for a wonderful story. I'm excited to see more.
cara jacobs chapter 1 . 12/31/2006
oh, this is good too!anarkali is so gutsy
Miss K Ree chapter 1 . 12/21/2006
Interesting...
Kohlomere chapter 6 . 11/14/2006
My dear, this is by far my most favorite of your fictions. Now you can't leave me hanging for five months at a time. Please update this marvelous story soon, E.
Always Fall in Love chapter 6 . 11/11/2006
this was a lovely chapter...now i think salim will marry anarkali secret...i just think
Always Fall in Love chapter 5 . 11/11/2006
oh wow, gul and the emperor?

i wonder what salim wants with her...cant wait to find out
Always Fall in Love chapter 4 . 11/11/2006
this was such a sweet chapter!

theyre so cuute
Always Fall in Love chapter 3 . 11/11/2006
ahh, brilliant chapter
Always Fall in Love chapter 2 . 11/11/2006
Anarkali is really quite open with Salim...and he seems really nice, but i just dk
Always Fall in Love chapter 1 . 11/11/2006
oh this seems really good
86 | Page 1 2 3 4 .. Last Next »