Reviews for To Fight or Fall
Perfectly Mythical chapter 20 . 6/16/2010
You're not gum, rather a little guardian angel who hovers over the people who encouraged her, and put faith in her abilities... HEHE You deserve every complement... though I do hate how you killed Mark. They could at least have shot someone in the knee!
xInkMusique chapter 20 . 6/16/2010
It's been years since I last read this, but I'm glad I did. Reading this was like opening up my childhood memories haha. Nostalgia overload! I'm glad we had closure. Just wished there was more sexual tension but w/e. :) are you coming back to fictionpress or is this closure for you?
Faithfully Yours chapter 20 . 6/14/2010
I so wish you were actually writing it, especially after all of that! But I understand and appreciate the closure that you did provide. :)
inkspots chapter 20 . 6/14/2010
i'm more than a little speechless after reading all this. all i can say right now, with complete coherence, is THANK YOU for finishing this. i'm so happy you did and i'm so happy with how you did it, despite how many chapters we, your ever loyal readers, have missed out on. i love the ending, especially, because it's perfect for cale and ember. and i especially loved cale's confession :)

i can't wait for the epilogue. again, THANK YOU so much :)
LoLa chapter 20 . 6/13/2010
This was brilliant. Your last chapter is more mature definitely (less squabbling! hahah) but in many ways your sense of humour is still there which i think gave the story most heart. I love it! )
jekodama chapter 20 . 6/12/2010
Even though it's not finished, this is one of the best stories I've read in this site. Not because it's magnificently written (which it is, in some parts, others need a lot of work) but because the characters are just bloody awesome, and you have some of the best lines I've read, like, ever. I'm really sad that you won't complete it, but you're right, it's been sitting inactive for too long, and I'm sure that you'd want to revamp the whole thing before attempting to end it. I'm happy that you decided to give us readers some sort of closure with this last post.

Hope to read something new, someday.

Hugs and kisses!
shutterbaby chapter 20 . 6/12/2010
Do you see any kind of future for your stories here? I would gladly read them somewhere else.

But this was good; I think it would be almost a kind of synopsis of all my favorite, most touching moments, had I actually read the whole story. They were all truly engaging bits with language that did them justice (with unexpectedly funny immature bits thrown in).

Please write that epilogue...Cale and Ember really never got their time together.
Daneeno chapter 19 . 5/28/2010
please write more
Daneeno chapter 1 . 5/28/2010
LOVE IT!
yzarC chapter 19 . 4/22/2010
okay so im in LOVE! with this story, what with the samrt words being thrown around and the romance part not going extremly fast :P but i looked and it said you haven't updated in TWO? years! so either my computer is messed up or your not writing this story anymore :( now i love all of your stories (read almost all of them poems and all) and i know your writing all those other awesome stories you have in your funny random brain, but please! please please dont drop this one please! *puppy dog eyes and a plate full of cyber cookies if you do* :D
Dwindling Fire chapter 19 . 10/30/2009
UPDATE! plz?
Dwindling Fire chapter 1 . 10/21/2009
lmao. i like it!
PeculiarMuse chapter 19 . 10/8/2009
Simply put, I love this story. I’ve actually read it twice.

I think you’ve a great way with words, you excel at characterization, and, although a bit slow in exponentiation, the plot is without glaring holes.

Your insults are an art form.

Also, I love that you pay enough attention to supporting characters and make them into 3D persons.

And, instead of *telling*, you *show* your readers the small, deceptively inconsequential things that move the plot along so nicely, well, that’s admirable.

The scene where the girls say goodbye brought actual tears in my eyes. Then again, I cry at the movies, too, so maybe it’s just me. Still, you might be pleased to know this little fact.

Will Cale be the first one to realize what’s happening with Ember and him? Should be, he’s the less pig-headed of them. Or maybe not. I can’t wait to read it either way.

It’s just those experiments with bio-weapons creep me out a little. I hope Tiffany will turn out a floozy who’s misunderstood something.

There must be a less far-fetched explanation, say, Johnson’s preparing a terrorist attack or making counterfeit money, or planning a great train robbery, or trying to contact mother-ship. Or maybe she’s *selling* said bio-weapons, and a big deal is coming up, and she needs no prying eyes in form of curious teenagers, so she orders detainment of students?

I have a hard time believing a criminal in a sound mind would try to use heirs and heiresses to heaps of money and lots of financial and political influence as guinea-pigs. A flock of orphans from some war-wrecked country, I could believe. Those kids, not so much. Someone from the outside world, however distant, is bound to notice and take preventive actions.

Anyway, I wanted to say that I love your story very much, and I hope you’ll continue writing it. I look forward to the next chapter.
me chapter 1 . 9/30/2009
Very interesting beginning...I'm looking forward to seeing how this one plays out. :)
Purple Glasses chapter 19 . 9/27/2009
I'm favoriting this. It's hilarious and the two main characters are so well written! Cale and Ember would make the most awesomest couple EVER, though I'll be sorry to see the fighting go. :D I've just finished reading all of it, and I've gotta say, the whole war thing is written SO well, it still feels like they're in high school, but STILL feels like a real war. How do you do that? These are my favorite lines:

“I forget your aversion for the blazing glory that is truth, thou creature of darkness and dismal dampened depression.”

“Don’t even start. Don’t you know that kind of humor is the lowest form belonging to the most primitive branches of civilization? That is, little horny boys who think they have something to prove.”

“We really need to get over this penis envy of yours, Ember.”

The entire student population went silent as synchronized howls of outrage rang throughout the school at the same time. There was a brief pause as the shrieks faded away, before Brian O’Leigh murmured into the silence, “They’re awake.”

Let the games begin.

I especially loved the last part, because if that's not a sign of fate, I don't know what is. :D Update soon!
859 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »