Reviews for To be a Mortal
Saharian chapter 6 . 6/11/2004
AH how did he die? Did I miss something completely? It does end a bit abruptly but that is okay. I still have the epiloge. _
Saharian chapter 4 . 6/11/2004
I was just wondering at what time period in the Roman Empire you are setting this? Some pieces suggest that is before the conquest of Greece such as the fact that in the first paragraph of this chapter where you speak of elections. If that is true then it has to be during the Roman Republic- before they conquered Greece. But then you speak of Aries and how the Romans worship him. But Aries was a Greek god not a Roman god. Mars was his Roman counterpart. It is true that after Rome became an Empire and Greece became part of the Empire that the Romans adopted the Greek gods but they changed their names. I am sorry I meant that to be a short question but it has turned into a very long review. Wow. Anyway I liked this chapter and I am going to keep reading. Jeez I thought I would just be able to read through this without reviewing until the end but you keep catching me!
Saharian chapter 3 . 6/11/2004
Interesting...very interesting. I definetly like some of the comunication between the characters but especially with chapters such as this one where it is almost entirely converstaions you might want to be careful not to make the conversation too modern. Just a suggestion...reading on again...
Saharian chapter 2 . 6/11/2004
Hahaha I am just reading this and I am going to continue but I had to coment. I love the first line of this chapter: "After three weeks at sea, Cebrain had finally managed to conclude that Poseidon was out to get him as well." Maybe I am just to easily amused (as my friends tell me all the time) but it made me laugh. I really like the story so far especially as it has to do with some of my favourite things- Greek Mythology and banishment. Awesome! I am going ot read on now...
theatreoftheabsurd chapter 7 . 5/26/2004
Aw. How cute. Sorry- I see now about the names thing. Ignore my confusion back there.
I only wish it was longer. Great stuff, with vivid characters. And you certainly know your Ancient Rome. One thing i always did like about the romans was that their brides wore flame-coloured veils... Ah, i just thought that was pretty. I'm attracted by pretty things. Also sparkly things... *stares vacantly* :P
Your writing is wonderful. I only spotted a few typos. Which works of yours do you recommend for a starved-of-literary-material girl such as me? Or should I just read them all? :P
theatreoftheabsurd chapter 5 . 5/26/2004
Yay, they kissed! :) *ahem* I liked the remark about Hera's attempt to disguise herself. I was wondering, why did you choose the Greek names for the gods when this is for Latin? It's not a criticism, I was just wondering. I suppose the Romans just stole all the Greek gods and changed their names, really... *rolls eyes* But... that's what happens with civilisations... even modern-day religions. *grins*
Great stuff, I'm gonna read on.
theatreoftheabsurd chapter 1 . 5/26/2004
Fantastic idea! This sounds really interesting. I love the way you're bringing one of the 'lesser'- if that's the right word- gods into the limelight here. I also liked the recount of how he came to be in trouble- made me smile.
Randomly, I like the name aquila. Eagle. Hey, I guess latin does come in handy now and again :P I also like Cebrain. Well, i'm quite tired, but i'll try to read as much as i can.
An Inside Joke chapter 7 . 5/25/2004
I think the end was too sudden.
YSYF chapter 7 . 5/25/2004
Great way to end a good story. I'm sure your Lain teacher will be pleased with this. Well, nothing more to say, except that I have a question about your last review for LoF. Did you have any questions for Drai to be asked? If so, e-mail me at . Well, that's all I have, so until next time...
YSYF chapter 6 . 5/24/2004
Wait, does this mean that in order for him to be a god again, Cebrain had to die? Or id Marius discober that he and his sister were in love and had kissed? That would probably constitute a death for him...well, I guess that's all I have to say on this cahpte, so until next time...
YSYF chapter 5 . 5/24/2004
Well, it seems that Cebrain seems to be digging himself deeper and deeper into trouble. And if I'm right, he'll be lucky to not get killed for what I thnk may happen next, between himand Laelia. Well, problems always must have an ending, and this is one of those more often then not good ones. Or, at least, that what it looks like. Well, that's all I have for now, so, so long!
An Inside Joke chapter 5 . 5/24/2004
Be careful that your charecters don't talk too much like modern people.
YSYF chapter 4 . 5/23/2004
Well, I live in the middle of nowhere PA, and we have a latin program. We also only have french, latin, german, and spanish. Well, this is certainly gettinmg an interesting twist, now isn't it? Don't have much to say about these coupla chapters, so I guess I'm done for now!
An Inside Joke chapter 3 . 5/23/2004
Poor guy- and he sure doesn't understand a lot about Rome for a god.
Ye Say Ye Fool chapter 2 . 5/22/2004
Well, yet another great chapter from another great authoress. I feel so pathetic when I really think about how many of my favorite authors/esses are girls. Even more so when you consider that I'm nowhere as good as you , or Khenna, are. Well, this chapter seemed to be better than the last, that is for sure. Also, Marius is a lot better developed than his father was. Hermes also seems to be quick to judge the others, especially since he has been human for so shaort a time. Well, that seems to be al I have top say, so good-bye!
35 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 Next »