Reviews for There is no tragedy here
i was a postcard chapter 1 . 5/22/2004
I honestly think your work has been getting better and better. What can I say about this? The way it came together there at the end, with the bit with the parantheses...very clever. I would love to actually hear your songs. "Let me fall / Cause you know I do with practised grace" Ah, that is just brilliant. D
wicked-chaotic chapter 1 . 5/22/2004
You're really amazing, you know that? You always manage to write emotions so clearly that I'm awed. My favorite parts were the beginning and the end. 'Talking to pictures/Cause there's nobody here' ... 'There never seems to be/A simple tradgedy' I'm impressed (I meant that in a good way.) that you can just sit down and some out with something so perfect.
Silverfire Starr chapter 1 . 5/21/2004
I think you're right, Life is full of moments when one feels fear, loneliness, and helplessness, and it's just a phase. I really like how in the beginning part of the song you made yourself sound really angsty and pale, then come the stories and fantasies, and in the end you fill your words with a power, a belief, that this is life, and it will go on. Throughout the song you repeated firmly: "And there is no tragedy here, But life." I think this is actually a song to help people accept the falls with peaceful serenity and hope.
Yeah, it think it's kinda similiar to my poem, except you found answer to your question, while I stopped on the track of asking.
Overall, very good job, and I'm beginning to think writing long reviews are perhaps a good idea. lol.
keep writing!
s.s
"Falling with practiced grace..." I'll remember that.
LordK chapter 1 . 5/21/2004
Wow. That was deep. Very good. Wonderful. I love the "let me fall" Brilliant. The practiced grace line... it was so... hard to describe, but very interesting. There never really is a simple tragedy. Wonderful song. I didn't find it suicidal at all, just... depressed, and somewhat cynical. But very brilliant!
DrunkenMonkeyKing chapter 1 . 5/21/2004
Another great one, B-R. Fits my mood perfectly right now too. There are some really good images in there, 'talking to pictures/cause there's nobody here' and 'And now/ I am a shadow/ A ghost of your mind'.

Some really good stuff and the line: "There is no tragedy here/ But Life". That's some really powerful stuff. I think this is one of your better ones that I have ever read. Keep it up, it was a treat to read.
Miricles chapter 1 . 5/21/2004
Wow, that was kool, and sad. I liked it!