Reviews for Bete Noir
Raya Dronaile chapter 1 . 8/27/2004
how sweet! very cool! i love the peed of the poem, and the words you use! great stuff! maybe you'd like to read a couple of mine, I hear they are really good! great job_
Fabian Cortez chapter 1 . 8/26/2004
Beautifully crafted poem. I loved it and was engrossed by it from start to finish.
Very Well Done.
You're welcome to check out some of my works if you like. I'd value your thoughts. I think you might enjoy "Captured Memory", "Roses" or even "Immortality's Last Verse" see what you think.
breakme chapter 1 . 7/2/2004
Wow thats beautiful.
After all, that's what she craves
To be your only scarlet rose
Lying on your grave
I love that part. Its all quite vivid and emotional.
Melancholy Butterfly chapter 1 . 6/27/2004
A very interesting poem, in which the very first stanza captured my imagination. The rhyming structure is even, I like the feelings evoked by your use of repetition. I also like the reference to Shakespeare's Romeo and Juliet, conveying a sense of tragedy though to me this poem seems to portray a different sort. Well done!
mAxTeR chapter 1 . 6/23/2004
wow.. wow.. beautiful indeed.. nicely written.. pls keep on writing.. i enjoy this one and with the eye-catching title.. great work.. r/r mine too..
neunundneunzig chapter 1 . 6/14/2004
One of the better poems I've read. :D
It's very vague. It almost sounds like it's about a prostitute...It's pretty nonetheless, and the way you word it is captivating. The rhymes fit, and you've done a swell job of not letting them take over the poem rather than articulating the message by choosing words that rhyme rather than words that work. I do that a lot.
And yet it's still a little shadowy. It attempts to describe a feeling while providing a story behind it, but the story's somewhat veiled (too much for a proper assessment). The feeling is very clear however.
Roadside Dryer chapter 1 . 5/24/2004
Great, I love it. I like the Juliet Romeo thing...great! Update soon!
-HH updated.
Great job...favorites.
Carolina.Scribe chapter 1 . 5/24/2004
This is a wonderful poem, I love the rhyme scheme and the partial refrain is very awesome. I've not read such a great poem from you in a long while, and this totally makes up for it. _ I have to say that this is beatuiful.
Oh, by the way, I've got the tenth chapter up on my story. Hope you enjoy it. _
Love ya,
Kris 56 chapter 1 . 5/23/2004
Wow, good poem! I love the title as well, it's so romantic!
amarthawen chapter 1 . 5/23/2004
great poem. i liked the feeling youve placed into it, the battle between the unknown characters of love. nice.
Nayoming Grae chapter 1 . 5/23/2004
nicely written. i like the 3 repeating lines.
Iris Devine chapter 1 . 5/23/2004
ahh! You put this in your LJ too!
The "won't you be her Romeo...Juliet" bit is a little cliche... other than that, 'tis good!
I like the
"After all, that's what she craves;
to be your only scarlet rose
lying on your grave"