Reviews for Half Past Forever
simplegirl55 chapter 48 . 7/13/2012
Wow I just loved this story so much! It was incredible! first.i wasnt sure about reading but the reviews I give it a chance and it was so worth it!.i've read soooo many stories in fictionpress for years and this is the first story i write a review for!(also I just made my account so its easier to review lol ) anywho
It gave me a warm feeling!.i absolutely love jack! I want a jack for me ;) lol I find the plot very interesting nd full of love, theres nothing I can say already that u dont know, I love the stayed together forever and everything! Wow I just loved this story alot! ...only thing. the chapters were longer but oh .late for that lol( . All the periods, reviewing on a phone is annoying) well thanks for such an !:) I hope u write more!
Disney Is Hardcore chapter 48 . 5/27/2012
Wow, that was good...just spent an hour reading the whole thing cause I couldn't put it down haha :) it was lovely, and I like that there was a bit where she thought she could be crazy etc, instead of just believing it because it is the plot. Jack's a sweetie too, aw. There was a problem in that in every chapter the paragraphs have random breaks in them? It was slightly disconcerting.
Muldbak chapter 48 . 3/14/2012
I don't know if you are even active on fictionpress any more, but I wanted to express my appreciation for your wonderful story.

It made me laugh and it made me cry... Thank you for writing that fantastic piece of fiction
xN00DLES chapter 48 . 2/28/2012
This story is absolutely breathtakingly beautiful. I read all the chapters in one go even though I have an exam to study for. Couldn't tear myself away! Thank you for the wonderful read.
hi chapter 48 . 2/27/2012
oh my heck i love this story(:(:(: thanks for writing it(: haha this last chapter makes me cry every time(:
Little Miss English Nerd chapter 48 . 2/21/2012
Best. Online. Story. I've. Ever. Read.

I can't even express to you how great this was! It could easily be a full-length, published book. Congratulations!
KatMulligan chapter 48 . 12/25/2011
Oh my lord...this story is so amazing. Honestly, you should try to get it published. I read it all in one go, on Christmas, no less! Thanks for an amazing read!
clichelover chapter 48 . 12/9/2011
beautifully written! i always love a happy ending!
LDS Dreamer chapter 48 . 12/7/2011
I just wanted to say that Sydney's analogy of time is how I think of it. A way to keep us from going insane. Thank you for writing this. It was amazing. :)
Thomas-E chapter 1 . 11/29/2011
Just a quick statement for the previous commenter who just opened their mouth before engaging their brain... The Geneva Convention was actually first held in 1864. Many of the most commonly known parts of the geneva convention were decided upon in 1929, paticularly the parts which relate to prisoners of war. This geneva convention was signed by and adhered to by most of the participants of WWII except Russia and Japan. So please, try to have your own facts straight before you criticize someone else. It just makes you look stupid...

To the author: please don't let idiotic, uninformed criticism affect your writing. You have talent.
Abrasive chapter 29 . 11/29/2011
Just a quick note: Given that this is a historically-based fiction, you might want to do some more research. For example, the United Nations was not founded until 1945, and the Geneva Conventions refers to a series of agreements made in 1949. Thus neither event had taken place by the period in which your story is set.
xkcbby chapter 48 . 11/18/2011
I love this story. Dear God, this was breathtaking. Astoundingly so. I damn cried in the middle of it. I do no such things! You sincerely are a great writer. The language was simple, full of life, and brought on everything that a reader could love about the time, places, and Jack O'Leary.

To whoever reads this: know that this story is unlike the majority of those SKOW Nominees or those like it (Pardon my forgetting their names). There is no repeatedly edited aura involved or the standard cliche that is wonderful every once in a while-the ones you find in those Winners. This story draws you into a raw, unblemished world. I mean that in the sense of how damn simple this story seems to be yet manages to touch the heart.

I applaud you, truly. I have a soft side for those who serve and have served. I have to wake up in about five hours, but I had to finish this; because tonight, Jack O'Leary stole my heart.

Instead of ending on such a sappy note, I must say that you are a freakin good writer.

Cheers,

xkcbby
sarah.evangelina chapter 48 . 10/20/2011
I loved this soo much. I really did, it was absolutely amazing. Perfection 3
Emedea chapter 48 . 9/30/2011
I love this story. I don't love a lot of FictionPress stories, but I love this one. I love Sydney, and I especially love Jack. I love the time period. I love the historical aspect of the story (even though it isn't very prominent in the story). I love it even though the formatting is all funky (I don't know if this is how you wrote it, or if FP screwed it up when you uploaded). I do admit that there are a few things that aren't perfect about this story, mainly the whole time traveling aspect of it. I know it's difficult to write about because time travel is very fictional (unfortunately), but this part of the plot just seemed so random. When Sydney first time-traveled, I believed it. I accepted that as a method of time-travel, even if it was just a tad on the weak side. But every single instance after that was just completely random and without consistency. For example, Sydney first time-travels after hitting her head in the bathtub. Later, she time-travels after sleeping with Jack, and later, after feeling light-headed in a museum. I got the feeling that you didn't know how to explain how Sydney time-traveled, so you just made it up without any rhyme or reason.

Still, like I said before, I love this story. I don't even know if you'll get this review, since you wrote this story seven years ago, but I just needed to do this for myself. And I also need to favorite this because I can never lose track of it again. The relationship of Jack and Sydney is really, really great. I think if you explained the time traveling aspect of the story with more consistency, your story would be even greater than it already is.
Kat81381 chapter 48 . 9/1/2011
What a beautiful story. Thank you for sharing it with us.
348 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »