Reviews for Last Song
mercury.love chapter 1 . 11/25/2005
I love this. I just flat out love it. It's so empowering... and I wish I could write a last song (or poem, in my case) for someone I've been holding on to. This was so strong and just... I admire this piece alot. "That songYou know it hurt me so longBut now I think it's overplayedDeaf earsAnd a heart hardened by those fearsMade those feeling's welcome overstayed" That was one of my favorite parts of this. I can't say enough how much I love this. This has more than won a spot on the favorites list, and so have you. You are a strong writer and I'm honored that you praised my work so highly.
cwcoddington chapter 1 . 6/12/2004
You've grown a lot as a writer, since I started viewing your works a year and a half ago. :) I noticed your major increase after you started reviewing my works. I compared your songs with one another and saw how you greatly improved with each one. They become even better as you write more.
What I like about this song is the energy, emotion, repetition, and format used to create it. The energy is very well diagrammed for how you chose to use your adjectives. "My heart has bled in ink on the pages" (something to that extent) and "From your cancer hands my heart is free". Just to name a few examples. The emotion comes from how well you detail your writing. It's enough to suck a listener, or lyric reader, in and make them feel exactly what each statement describes. I guess this could go with energy to. *smacks self* The repetition shows the originality of the song and makes it impossible to forget some of the key points you try to make in the song. And the format is what is important of all, because it is responsible for bringing all the ingredients to a song together. If a song isn't set up right, it won't work.
Keep up the good work!
Take care,
Chris Coddington (cwcoddington)
mizu no kokoro chapter 1 . 5/29/2004
wow, very powerful poem, i liked the use of repetition, adds to the poem nicely keep writing!
i was a postcard chapter 1 . 5/26/2004
Ah, the determination of this is great. I loved the visual image in the beginning of burning the pictures. And you had some awesome lines in here. "My heart has bled in ink on page" Oh, and the thing with the cancer hands...ah, so so good. Have you noticed I say "ah" too much? I do. "Oh" too. And "eh". O.o
wicked-chaotic chapter 1 . 5/26/2004
And there you have it. You've managed to leave me stunned yet again. The chorus was amazing ... the whole thing was amazing! You astound me and inspire me at the same time. Favorite line: 'From your cancer hands my heart is free' ... not sure why, it just gets me. You have such a way with words, and honestly ... wow and some change. Sometimes it's true that you need to move on even though you're scared of it. And sometimes when you do get there, it's even more surprising how simple it is.
arbysauce93 chapter 1 . 5/26/2004
Wow, this is really good. The flow is very even and nice to read. It's so true how you forget people and they're no longer important. Great job and keep up the good work!