Reviews for Statue
me10 chapter 1 . 3/29/2005
beautiful imagery and symbolism you have used within the words you've chosen. the descriptions conjure up the statue of justice,balancing orbs, something like it anyway.
My-BleedingPen98 chapter 1 . 11/7/2004
very deep, very powerful. good job.
Julianne
c0nquestri0n chapter 1 . 11/6/2004
Such vivid imagination.
Getuie chapter 1 . 8/4/2004
Interestingly enough, the whole 'statue' image and description reminded me of the "Lady Justice" statue. Okay yeah, true that she has a scale in her hands and not orbs, but still... the repetition of 'Blind to its own blindness' was particularly striking.
Deirdra Chaeli chapter 1 . 8/2/2004
Beautiful, but I do tend to like your longer poetry better. You captured concisely an interesting image, but I think that if you'd delved deeper as you usually do, you would have found an even more profound truth.
txredhedxt chapter 1 . 6/27/2004
Hey great job...i liked the part about the whole blind to its own blindness thing because i kinda read it and related it to one of my friends, course, it's about her boyfrind, she cant see he's a jerk and hes got her exactly where he wants her to be...he's such a sweet talker...and she doesn't see that she...well..cant see him for what he really is...lol...sry im rambling...i no im so not giving this poem the respect or credit it deserves in this review, but take pity cuz it's like 3 sumthin an ima bout to fall asleep, but i know it is good cuz i have to think about most of the lines...lol..nice idea tho...im gonna hafta remember to review sum of ur other poems in tha mornin...lol...l8rz...
*MeZ*
Cry Tears of Darkness chapter 1 . 5/31/2004
cool cool!
your poems are getting shorter ;)
catseyeview chapter 1 . 5/27/2004
This is wonderful. All lines are all really standout making this poem rich yet still fluid. I think you did well.
Steel Winged Angel chapter 1 . 5/27/2004
A very deep meaning here Matthew. Reminds me of how the statue of justice is blind. Also kind of reminds me of someone's recent pain. I like this one, but I personally thought your longer poems had more of that stricking aspect. But this is really amazing work. A fantastic meaphor.
Hawke
behind the velvet curtain chapter 1 . 5/27/2004
O I like. The length this good, right to the point but descriptive enough all the same...Excellent as usual.
Keep writing!
I Found Myself At 24 chapter 1 . 5/27/2004
Beautiful, as usual! My fave lines have to be: "Cloth of mortality throwing a haze of ignorance, Veil of obscurity casting a fog of arrogance" Great job! :)
Karasu no sei chapter 1 . 5/27/2004
Ooh... nice. It is shorter than your other pieces but the message it conveys is still as powerful. Sorry i haven't been reviewing for ages, me lazy also i had lots of schoolwork... but mostly i was lazy. Anyway, i find that the description is much more compacted into those lines, not in a bad way, but it has made your image clearer. Good job!
Karasu
Summerdazed chapter 1 . 5/26/2004
ah...without wax! Lol, that kinda means 'no flaws' because in the olden times scuptors use wax to cover up any mistake they made while sculping, so without wax means the statue didn't need any wax to cover up any flaws because it had none! :O) Your poem about statue just reminded me of that so I just told you. _
review me if you're free!
summerdazed