Reviews for A New Believer
TesubCalle chapter 11 . 6/8/2004
Well, this certainly did take some interesting turns. I liked the shocking revelation, but not so sure I like the conclusion. I don't know if I wanted to feel sympathetic about a certain ghost.
I felt that certain ghost's motivations was perhaps too similar to 'Ghost Ship'. But if you've never seen that movie, then perhaps you deserve a lot more credit.
And saying that, good job, all in all. I truly liked how you captured the feeling of the place - the whole atmosphere and Tim's unease rang true.
Makes me wonder, though...Tim's last act, doesn't that play right into a certain ghost's hands?
TesubCalle chapter 10 . 6/8/2004
No, you...you...(ahem) - I *DIDN'T* see that coming. But what a good idea! Great idea. I'm on to the next chapter now...
TesubCalle chapter 9 . 6/7/2004
Sorry I haven't been able to review in the last few days. My silence is due to rather sudden technical difficulties. (Thank God for libraries!)
Tim ought to remember that he should just leave poor 'ol Chester alone. But then there'd be no story. So I await the rest of this so I can see the progression of this engrossing conflict.
logical-unreason chapter 2 . 6/6/2004
Well I'm a fool! Ok Lets have a look at the 8 chapters.
It feels like a play of sorts in parts. You give stage directions almost with the * * on the descriptive parts. This isn't bad of course it adds an induvidual feel to the piece, like it isn't stuck in anyone kind of writing. Also the way that the dialouge is much more important to you then the setting of the scene around them makes this piece feel like a play.
Overall it has an airy feel to it, through all that happens it still feels positive and up beat. Also at sometimes it's actually quite a funny (intentional I'm sure) piece that conveys some maturity in the humour.
Gj and I think I'll try and enter your story competition thing. Though I doubt my entry will be 10 words exactly.
logical-unreason chapter 1 . 6/6/2004
Short piece but explosive. Kicks some ass. I'd like to see how it will continue.
avanfos chapter 6 . 6/3/2004
I am so happy to find something on fictionpress that I enjoy reading so much! I'm really interested to see how this ghost pans out. Is he really a ghost, or a psycho? I'll be around for the next update for sure.
slave to the voices chapter 1 . 6/2/2004
The story is finished and I'm just going through the editing process. A new chapter will be coming up daily(11 in all).
Hope you enjoy the story
**Slave**
TesubCalle chapter 4 . 5/31/2004
OH, believe me...I'm waiting. And either way - Thriller or Suspense - I'm not going to complain that it doesn't "fit" in a particular genre. I'm happy to be entertained either way. Just update soon, okay?
TesubCalle chapter 3 . 5/31/2004
"Boring" ? Boring my foot! We know this is set-up. And we're enjoying every minute of it; including Tim stepping into that filled-in, 6' x 3' buri-(ahem)
hole in the ground...
avanfos chapter 3 . 5/31/2004
Waiting on the edge of my seat. Post more please. I stayed in the mountains last summer with my family. Any noise can drive you insane out there.
TesubCalle chapter 2 . 5/30/2004
Great intro, slave!
What on earth could possibly go wrong in such a perfect setting?
(Ominous music swells in the background...)
So if you've already got your 6 chapters written, where are they?
Don't be to chintzy with your updates, guy!
41 | « Prev Page 1 .. 3