Reviews for The Sky
aries-diva-JC chapter 1 . 7/29/2005
very creative... i love what its about... so origional... i love d ending, especially d line 'they set me free'... nice work...
Lellida chapter 1 . 7/5/2005
This poem is so cool! I love the unconventional ideas in it. The idea of space itself being the subject one is looking at, not things you can see- it's so neat and really makes you think. The last line is just amazing. I really love this poem, and this review didn't do it justice.
Taylor Marin chapter 1 . 3/2/2005
Hm... Pretty good, but, I dunno. Seems almost a little too flowery for modern poetry; Elizibethan-styled poetry, perhaps. Shakespearean. If that's the effect you were going for, great. . There were definitely a few lines I really liked ("bundling myself about me", and "those overlooked fissures" for instance) and the rest... Mm, I wouldn't say to change it, I just think that as you grow and mature as a writer you'll probably want to think more simplistically in your poems. Pick a few solid adjectives and go with it instead of piling on the words.
INTP chapter 1 . 2/20/2005
I really envy people like you. This is so imaginative and out-of-the-ordinary; I love reading completely new things, instead of old concepts, overdone and rehashed, wrung out for another lap around the track. But you can look at something and see it entirely differently than other people do, and I both envy and feel glad for you, because that is exceptionial gift. People could go a lifetime without having a insight like this one. I like the buildup to your discovery of what you like best in the sky. All that exposition really emphasizes those last few lines of remarkable perception. This is one of those definitive poems, like "Do not go gentle into that good night" or "Tread softly."
Nasifah chapter 1 . 10/14/2004
What a beautiful poem! Every word belongs - you begin and end it perfectly. The imagery is wonderful, too. Awesome job! Keep writing!
Charna chapter 1 . 6/4/2004
I lost attention halfway through...blame Rinaldi. But, it was a good poem...it might have been better if you didn't force me to read it.