Reviews for Eulogy to the Blind
crimson cyanide chapter 1 . 12/25/2006
"So that they can accept dying alone

And they convince themselves that death

Will make everything all right"

These have to be the most powerful lines in the whole poem. I can identify easily with this -I think anyone who's even come close to the point of no return, as my friends call it, can.
Getuie chapter 1 . 8/4/2004
First let me show a typo : "The tell themselves that they live alone" They tell... ?
This is an exceptional poem... having lost a family member to suicide, having gone through that trauma and trying to find some kind of comfort is one of the most difficult things to go through. After three years, family members are still pointing fingers; still not realising that no one pulled the trigger except the one who killed herself.
It's so sad that people feel alone. They feel unwanted, uncared for... I admit feeling so constantly... but I think there's a comfort in God... an assurance that, no matter what you feel, truth is no one is alone.
You have some amazing parts in this poem. The last stanza is really amazing... the repetition you use really does help in emphasis of where the focus lies to those on the suicide path: themselves. Suicide truly is one of the most selfish acts devised.
Deirdra Chaeli chapter 1 . 8/2/2004
It sounds as though you've been there, either personally or known someone. Maybe known someone. Either way, you captured it pretty well. Knowing from personal experience, I have to say that you did an excellent job. My personal favorite was "Like a veil of midnight and flame it falls upon those who care/ Care/ That's right/ People care" It just... reminded me all over again of my past, and you captured the feelings so well, and... I am simply in awe. Wish I could write as well as this.
Karasu no sei chapter 1 . 6/21/2004
wow... this is so completely in context (i can't think of a better word/phrase _;;) with my friend... This is amazing, even if it isn't your best written pieces. It's the ideas and the emotions that really make it great. Sorry I haven't been reviewing for ages, i've been lazy and digging myself outta a heap of assignments _;;
Karasu
Steel Winged Angel chapter 1 . 6/1/2004
This is so how I feel when everything seems lost. True, not one of your best poems, but the truth and the emotion is there. That is what poetry is...emotions. I love this:
"So they lie
to themselves
And they die
to themselves
and then they die to us"
Wonderful rythum and flow. Such saddness. But, as they always say, the truth hurts.
Hawke
Matthew James Current chapter 1 . 5/31/2004
Oh Echo... "They have sewn their eyes shut with lies / They have covered up their ears with falsehoods" That's not true, people do care. There's always someone who cares, somewhere. I am so sorry you cannot see. Please, remove the stiches, see the truth again...
Cry Tears of Darkness chapter 1 . 5/31/2004
"They tell themselves no one cares
They tell themselves no one is listening
They tell themselves no one sees"
i dont tell myself that, i know it for a fact...
catseyeview chapter 1 . 5/31/2004
I like the overall essence of your poem, but of course, you have some great lines in here as usual, such as "They want to see tears shed upon their graves,...but "They have forced themselves into a world of darkness, they have sewn their eyes shut with lies." You really come up with some great metaphors.