Reviews for Gilded Prison
LadyAddie chapter 1 . 4/17/2005
Pretty good, Caraah. I like it.

I think it could use a bit more information about the Great One and maybe some more detail of Heaven, but I really like it. It's quite interesting.

A little sad, perhaps, but interesting no the less.
Laura chapter 1 . 6/1/2004
Wonderful job with this story! It’s incredible. I love how you take all our preconceived notions of heaven (which really we have no grounds for anyway) and threw them out the window. Really your version of heaven seems far more believable, if not so idyllic. It’s incredibly original, and very well thought out. The emotions evoked by this piece are very deep and very primal. We all fear death, we all fear the unknown and the thought of hearing from one of the departed that the hear-after is not all it’s cracked up to be is chilling. Yet for all of the hopelessness and desperation expressed there is still a message of hope at the end.
Thank you for sharing this, it has made a profound impact on me.
Servant of Min chapter 1 . 6/1/2004
Wow that was AMAZING! Well done you haven't written a story in so long that this is a pleasure to read! I love the idea (even if it is a bit bleak lol)- very original - I doubt anyone has thought of something like that before!
-A Mindless Slave of Min
Tailyn chapter 1 . 5/31/2004
Wow...this is some powerful stuff. You really do an excellent job of taking the general preconceptions that we have about Heaven, which I admire - that's tricky to do. Also, I'm very impressed with the overall tone of the story. Your pacing and word choice, the slight twinge of desparation to Margaret's words, the final words - it all creates a very effective mood with the piece that I'm not sure I can describe well, but it IS felt. Bleak, perhaps?
From a technical perspective, it's perfect - nothing catches the eye to pull the reader from the story, the puncuation isn't too excessive or too sparce...all is good!
It's really a wonderful, though provoking piece of work, and you did a fabulous job on it.
Allyscribit chapter 1 . 5/31/2004
My dear friend, you have truly outdone yourself this time. You give me shivers with your talent. THIS is why I'm always trying to get you to write.
As I told you before, this WILL give me nightmares. Hopefully, your interpretation isn't correct. But I love how you do it! You are truly a Goddess among mortals, a diamond among glass.
But now that I have completed my praise, I will be factual. As usual, every loose end is tied up. You address EVERYTHING we are told about Heaven. At the same time, you manage to explain how this story got written down. I imagine you are the scribe, safe until you die from God's wrath?
Your grammar and spelling is impeccable. The writing flows smoothly and flawlessly, with narry a word out of place. It is a joy to read, even to my grammar-obsessed eyes.
In conclusion, absolutely perfect.
ocire216 chapter 1 . 5/31/2004
i loved it. it's great how you changed what people think of heaven. and even in an angel's POV. i wonder if you could do something like this on how the world was created? anything, plz r&r my stories. c'ya, from ocire216