Reviews for River
simpleplan13 chapter 1 . 8/20/2004
wow.. sad ending... very nice rhyming and personification.. awesome poem!
Dirty Wallpaper chapter 1 . 6/4/2004
i dont like nature poems, they seriously just cannot hold my attention for even a moment. so ill review this, just saying so...hm...
i have jelly boobs and i made blair smell like chicken and laundry detergent. he he.
yes well, worlds most pointless review uh? ha!
Heather Montgomery chapter 1 . 6/3/2004
Beautiful, of course. It's so.. sweet and.. pretty. hehe. Brilliant imagery, Mia darling!
Sarah Parker chapter 1 . 6/3/2004
I admit I had to read this twice before I understood it, but I think it's because I am.. highly.. HIGHLY exhausted.. and out of it because of the lack of sleep. But once I understood that it was about a river, it's like the poem came alive.. which is hwy i had to go back and re-read it.. and all i can say is wow... it's so very bittersweet and powerful.. all the emotion and the metaphor of the river and its just.. wow.
IHJ chapter 1 . 6/3/2004
Aight, I got it now. :P
A rather severe remake, with tone difference in it. Optimistic/hopeful to...pessimistic/depressed. I like the contrast between the too. The same core idea, but end in VERY different directions.
Similarities, though, in that the flow and rhyme scheme in both poems are pretty well done.
However, I don't think the other poem is something to despise. It's also rather well-written.
Izzy J.
Caitir chapter 1 . 6/3/2004
...i liked the other one better. it was beautiful, but the ending ruined it. there was hope, and in the end she gave up on that. depressing.