Reviews for Crow
Frodo chapter 1 . 4/12/2005
This is a very powerful and personal poem. I especially love this stanza:

"I don't want you to know I am a murderer,For killing that child that's always sobbing,Because she's such a vulnerable thing,And I know you have no pity for her."

I believe many people can relate. Funny thing about how a person feels so alone but many people are feeling the exact same thing. I think you conveyed the torture of our inner self well, and, once again, the imagery here is great. Nicely done.

-Micah

I also forgot to comment in your review of the 'Albino' poem that you should see the movie "The Order". One of the character goes into this whole speel about how she loves sunflowers because they are kind of ugly but that's what makes them beautiful. They're realistic. (Heath Ledger stars in it... I think it came out 2003 or 2004.)
glitterjewele chapter 1 . 8/18/2004
oh man . . . that's bloody incredible. there's just so much powerful, tangible darkness in this that it sucks you in and suffocates you without mercy. by the end of it i think i was actually feeling claustrophobic. great imagery/symbolism with the hair. the second stanza ("she is dying without passion") and the fifth stanza ("i don't want you to know i am a muderer/for killing that child that's always sobbing") were phenomenal but it's the last line that really takes the cake here. i mean, really: "i can hear you whisper but you can't even hear me screaming." poetry doesn't GET any more chilling than that. i think . . . yes, i think my throat actually constricted when i read it. utterly powerful piece here, chica, LOVE it. infinite to the most infinite kudos! ! !
DragonofDarkness18 chapter 1 . 7/13/2004
I love all of your poems, but this one really stands out. I can relate to this a lot. I have done the same thing. A beautiful work of art.
simpleplan13 chapter 1 . 7/11/2004
wow.. very powerful... I can relate... I especially love the murderer part.. amazing poem.. very powerful
mAxTeR chapter 1 . 6/24/2004
brilliantly done. this one is good. wow. somehow i can relate. maybe that really how love is. damn. rnr mine too.
Alba Deborah chapter 1 . 6/11/2004
thats great... really. im speechless. izzy is so right. i wont waste your time with melodramatic and thoroughly cheesy comments, because this is not supposed to be a message board, but i wish that this is not how you really feel, because if it is, i havent been good enough of a friend for you. i know you deserve a lot. i just want you to know that i love you so much and that you can tell me whatever depresses you. i hope you know that.
love,
adri
Heather Montgomery chapter 1 . 6/5/2004
Amazing, of course. Especially the last line. It's brilliant. I love it! Great work, of course!
IHJ chapter 1 . 6/4/2004
Some say having to use a rhyme scheme makes the message and emotions of the poet lose a bit of power. I dare that person to repeat that after reading this poem.
It's very heart-wrenching when you switch from "her/she" to "me/I". The candle simile is wonderfully used and nicely contrasted with the little crying girl crouching in the dark.
What scares me is the third and second to last line. Left completely behind? Leaving forever? Hiding behind a mask and an attitude forever? Depriving yourself of the real you?
I know words are sometimes easy to say and after a while, they might lose their meaning but I mean the following, as I do the promises I made you and Noah: I apologize for having taken you and the apparent happiness/attitude you show during our chats for granted and not looking deeper and using you as a soundboard for my problems. Maybe this was a slap to my face (not intentional slap, but an awakening slap to myself), and you might think "she's asking how I am only because of this poem" and yes, a small part of me is, but now I know that everybody needs at least one person they can talk to and reveal all their problems and confusion to without judgements being made and it's unfair for one person to pretend to have no problems and have others look up to them at their control, because it's pressuring and denies the right to be completely human, to 100 per cent experience the emotions humans are capable of having. I don't know if the fact that I'm not there in the same country as you will matter in a great deal, but if you need such a person, I'm here...I'm there...I'll try to get online as much as possible and save allowance to be able to call you. :)
Izzy J.
Dirty Wallpaper chapter 1 . 6/4/2004
oh.
my.
infinite.
god.
chica i am so proud of you, this is by far the BEST piece of writing you have done yet, god its beautiful. i had tears in my eyes by the second stanza, my emotions were entrenched in its darkness by the fourth, by the last i was the poem and by the very last line...well, i believe my heart halted.
God, there was just so much atmosphere, i was literally there, i could feel the darkness, the cold the poem emanated from ever idea I thought I felt it caressing my skin...the words, jesus they were like velvet to the senses, the end to the dryness of my eyes!
"...And I am starting to flicker,
Like a flame being blown out; all alone.
And I don't want you to see the real me,
The little crying girl that's crouching in the dark," - just wonderful, i dont know if you have any idea what the image of the girl did to effect the overall impression of the poem but it did so much. it really was proof that one image can fully transform a poem, really push it up that vertical notch.
the very last line was amazing, i really loved it. best line in the whole piece and im so glad you singled it out...
"I can hear you in a whisper but you can't even hear me screaming." the isolation oozed from every word, every letter of that sentence.
reading the poem again, it really is intriguing. its not the single lines which make it, its the combination, the build up, the overall mixture of the images and connotations which make the poem the brilliance that it was.
god i loved this chica, wonderful. its earned a spot on my fav stories, most definitely.
magnificent! infinite kudos.
Angelic Hellraiser chapter 1 . 6/3/2004
I love the last line!
aardvarkslivehere chapter 1 . 6/3/2004
so sorry to be annoying if i am but i really dont know where else to ask this ehe. well umm how do you make the breaks between the verses?
Sarah Parker chapter 1 . 6/3/2004
god... i can't.. even begin to tell you. this brought tears to my eyes and hit home.. god, it's so true. i'm sorry that you have to feel this way.. but i know exactly how you feel. *sigh* I love that like.. "dying without passion". heh.. ain't that the truth. and booyah for evanescence!