Reviews for Prayer of a Non Believer
PoorEnglishArtist chapter 1 . 10/30/2008
What about suffering? is a question that many offer as a sign that God is not all caring, all loving and all powerful. I liked how you weren't directly slamming - many atheists are, and it drives me up the wall, if anything, you were very unsure. 'I feel like a hypocrite' was a brilliant line.

"An hour's diversion/A minute's distraction/Or a second's manipulation?" I really like your way of thinking on this, cynical as it may be, although there are some things I'd have you consider:

"Perhaps You've lived in heaven for so long/That You've forgotten how to feel" Heaven is not in the universe, supposedly, and therefore it cannot be in time.

I know I've felt exactly like verse 8. Tired of waiting, tired of trusting etc. That's a real feeling, and the true faith is in coming out of it and knowing that you were wrong
Unlimited-Writer0526 chapter 1 . 12/31/2006
man you are good. i'm writing a story on death you should check it out soon i'm almost done.
DXM Junkie chapter 1 . 8/23/2004
I'm a a sort-of atheist as well. I think this poem-type thing was amazing... Just brilliant!
grim-dreamer chapter 1 . 7/30/2004
You say you're an atheist, but you've displayed some of the best praying I've ever read.
Went on a bit though, and the repetition got tiresome.
UnShure Dreamer chapter 1 . 6/9/2004
All questions ive had... scary. This is really good, everything ive ever thought, everything ive ever asked in prayer. Nice work.
Amanda LeAnn chapter 1 . 6/4/2004
bluefires, I was reading your prayer and heard your call. Sometimes God does not seem there, but he his. And he does care. He cared so much that he sent his son to die for the world. But even if the rest of the world didn't matter Jesus still would have died for you. Just so you could have peace. Dying is a part of life but He has conquered death. Death does not have to be the end for he is willing to give eternal life. And he heard your rant. Sometimes he sends others to talk for him. He heard of that I am sure.
bakaneko817 chapter 1 . 6/4/2004
It's not lousy at all- it's very beautiful. I am a very strong believer, but even people who are have trouble trusting Him all the time. It's so hard to see God's purpose. You seem to understand it better than others. (please don't take offense with that, I'm not trying to convert you or anything of the sort.) anyway, you are very talented, and I can relate to your words.
romancingthemoon chapter 1 . 6/4/2004
Very good. The repetiveness is well-placed. It is very simple, and that works well for it.
Gleechumber chapter 1 . 6/4/2004
I didn't find this even remotely offensive, even though when it suits me, I go to church and call myself a Christian. These questions, though, they are things I ask myself all the time, and you have written them down beautifully. This piece is going on my favourites, because I just know I'll want to read it again sometime.