Reviews for Untitled
Groovy Angel chapter 1 . 8/3/2004
I certainly know this feeling well. But be strong, okay and stay away from rubbishy guys. I find that when I'm a university and around the people there (especially some of my ex-bfs) that I feel more depressed and worthless, but when I go home for the holidays, and don't bother liking guys that I feel far more stronger and motivated. (I don't know if you'll understand what I'm saying but I hope you do.)
In my experience, guys have stopped me from doing things that I want to do, but I find that when I don't have a guy in my life that I can concentrate more on what I want to do such as finish that novel, or write that essay.
Go out and meet new people - I find that that always cheers me up, or just go out with new people (ie, people who you work with, new people at school / college / whatever etc.)
Buy the 'Josie and the Pussycats' soundtrack, lol, that NEVER FAILS to cheer me up - seriously, it has me dancing around my room everytime.. or just go shopping in general - retail therapy rocks!
If this poem isn't true then just ignore everything I said and dismiss it as the ramblings of a weirdo. But if it is true then I certainly hope that you feel beter about yourself... I know that you don't feel like this all the time and that sometimes we all just have our 'off days'. If you ever want to mail me or anything like that;
Sorry for the big essay-like comment - your poem touched me deeply as I found it very saddening and almost desperate. Be yourself and don't live your life in a mask - if people don't like you for who you are then screw them - you don't need to be around people like taht anyway. From what I can tell you seem like a very nice and groovy person.
But yeah I can identify with many a line in your poem such as 'I want to get away' - there are times when my friends and family are all annoying and depressing me and I just have this urge to drop everything and get away.
Great use of rhyme by the way. Very good work.
(I'm really really sorry for this HUGE comment, I tend to go off on one occasionally.) Well done :)