Reviews for Isolde's Seven
Unknown Survivor chapter 1 . 9/13/2008
That was really good. Nice job. (:

~Unknown Survivor~
pinkfairyfloss chapter 1 . 9/13/2008
this is such a beautiful poem

i love how each line flows so well into the next and the rhyming is awesome (im jelous of those who can rhyme as mine never seems to work right :/)

great writing
Justin Vengeance chapter 1 . 9/12/2008
Right back at you, I love your ending. I think I would like to see some different stanzas, maybe a new one each time the word seven appears. Speaking of which, I love the use of the seven in this. Nicely done.

And just to answer your question, a tanka has no repetition or rhyming just like a haiku except longer. I like to make unexpected like breaks like this:

line1

line2

line3

line4

line5

etc.

So sometimes I'm more of a traditional guy, but others I'm not, lol
May Elizabeth chapter 1 . 9/10/2008
I love this for so many reasons, I like the flow, tone, and the vivid imagery. Good job. :D Peace.
Asphodelus chapter 1 . 10/13/2007
I love the tone of this, really beautiful.

I dunno why but the last verse reminds me of "Bleed It Out" by Linkin Park.
life on rewind chapter 1 . 10/3/2007
Oh, originality on a normally ruined idea! &favourites for you!

Punctuation. It expresses places where you want the reader to pause and helps with flow and metre. If you dislike using punctuation, I respect that, but if you’re open to comments then maybe you should consider this one!

If you don't like using punctuation in poems, I 'pologise. I feel it's essential, so I tend to nitpick it ...

Thank you for posting this! Maybe you wouldn’t mind checking out a few of my writings too if you feel like it and liked the review? If you do, I recommend my rants. I hope the concrit helped!

Sakura.

[Yes, I copy/paste most of my reviews. So sue me. The concrit changes per review, and you get tips, right? Win/win situation. End of.]
Arafax chapter 1 . 9/28/2007
Loved the word use in this piece. The rhyming was good as well. Keep up the good work.

~Arafax~
McKenzie Drestire chapter 1 . 9/20/2007
The rythem was strong an fluid, it was a pleasure to read because it was so effortless in it's form. Amazing job.

Peaceout, kenzie
asdf will chapter 1 . 9/20/2007
Rhyme schemes, rhyme schemes! I love 'em, yet I have trouble creating them. Good job, keep up the work.
Counting Petals chapter 1 . 9/18/2007
It rhymed, but at the same time it didn't sound simplistic like it would if I tried the same thing. I also really liked the flow, and the imagery, too. (Which you've probably gotten a lot of, but it's for a reason.)
wecouldgoandget40s chapter 1 . 9/17/2007
This is really good. It sets a really calm, mellow mood. And that's not a bad thing ;)

Wow. This was really great to read. You really should write more stuff like this. Later, then.
xfail chapter 1 . 9/16/2007
I really like the ideas in this. Poetry that makes me think is always an enjoyment, and this is certainly worth another read. I especially liked the flow of the last stanza. Good job on this!
Heroh chapter 1 . 9/15/2007
I can't explain how aazing I thought this poem was.. This is going into my favs :D I just know I'm going to want to read this over and over again. I love how thought provoking this is :)
TalkingMime chapter 1 . 8/12/2005
I liked the rhymes and how everything flowed nicely. Actaully while I was reading it, I couldn't help but feel like I was in English class again trying to dissect some famous and beautifully written work. But as a result I couldn't help but feel that I missed something after every line, a reference to some book, or a metaphor, or some symbolism, or...In any case, wonderful job. Beautiful poem.
Ellette Alphard chapter 1 . 7/19/2005
Nice job! It's pretty and it's got very good rhyme too.
153 | Page 1 2 3 4 .. Last Next »