Reviews for One Day
Matthew James Current chapter 1 . 7/14/2005
To Whips and Chains (even though you will probably never read this):

At some point you have to acknowledge that either sin is absolute and even the tiniest sin can never be paid off in an eternity in Hell, or that you can make bad deeds disappear by covering them up with good ones (i.e. karma). Although obviously no amount of good will ever change the fact that you did do something wrong. This could be oversimplification, but realitive truth is a faulty and misleading theory that contradicts itself. The point is at some point we have to take a stand on what we believe. The whole point of this poem is to reach out to those who are lost and show the pain of not being able to help them see the truth. For some reason or another you just don't want to accept Jesus. That's between you and God. At least you stopped giving me crap for talking about it now.

For the rest of you reading this, please try to understand that this girl should have given me at least 12 hemhorroids by now. It was just one of those relationships.
Deirdra Chaeli chapter 1 . 8/2/2004
Beautiful, once again. A yearning I have also felt, and never been able to express so eloquently. Excellent, as always.
Sreym chapter 1 . 8/1/2004
This is an awesome poem! I love it, it's so relatable. One of my favorites.
catseyeview chapter 1 . 7/4/2004
a beautiful piece, I must catch up on your new work. Reading the reviews, I like the openess of paradise as everyone has their own visions of this, same religion or not, no two are exact, the stanza, "a web of pain, sparkling with love, if only you could believe in more than just the stars above," webs this heavenly picture of sky, creating a nice visual with the emotional.
Whips and Chains chapter 1 . 6/30/2004
Hm... well... it's well written, but I don't truely understand how a person can be 'saved' by only ONE religion... and how everyone else is damned (excuse the language, those of you whom are easy offended). But I suppose that is my atheism speaking. Mack- I agree with the points you made, and feel the same.
fluffy-1128 chapter 1 . 6/26/2004
This is very deep, I like it. Very, very deep.
Matthew James Current chapter 1 . 6/16/2004
I would suggest that your atheism does not hinder your understanding at all. Perhaps you never really looked into Christianity before. It certainly is worth it. It instills hope and engenders a desire to do good in the world. Even from a worldly perspective Christianity has made a positive influence upon the world in later years. Your view of life should never hinder your understanding of it unless you allow it to do so.
Mack chapter 1 . 6/16/2004
Well, guess the reason why I don't get it is because of my atheism. A personal comment, what's Paradise yo a Christian, is not paradise to a Jew or Buddhist or (Insert Religion here) or atheist, we all have our own way to see things and mine is a godless world. Reading it without the whole "religion" aspect, it seems melodramatic. Perhaps some ,s to put pauses in would make it flow better. It's okay, but again my atheism keeps me from "getting it."
I Found Myself At 24 chapter 1 . 6/16/2004
If you had any idea how much I can relate to this poem...*sighs*...I don't know what to say...this was just so touching, the last bit especially, about how the one thing I'd want would be to have (numerous names) join me. Wonderful poem Matthew, keep up the great work!
Steel Winged Angel chapter 1 . 6/15/2004
*is deeply saddened* To join you in Paradise would be a bleesing for you are my friend and kindred spirit. A truly touching and saddening poem. Wish me luck and may blessings forever be upon thee.
Hawke