Reviews for Glitter Boy
ThePigeonBrain chapter 1 . 2/22/2014
"Was raped next to you, bent over in a bathroom stall"
Total whamline.
"We held hands while the men took turns"
I... Am not one for melodramatic angst. So don't take it personal if I don't like this. I suppose I could interpret it as symbolic or something...
However, one thing I do like about your poem, is that it's impossible to tell the gender of any of them, really. The title is glitterboy, but it might as well be the dream of a glittering boyfriend, or something about their confused sexuality, not any actual person in the poem.
Quite nice, that.
Boys For Sale chapter 1 . 11/23/2004
Whoa..Nicely done. I love it. The first line is beautiful to me-reminds me of my ex, she loved this kind of thing. The rape sequence is well-written but unbearable. I love this poem.
do not resuscitate chapter 1 . 10/13/2004
amazing.
oh my god, i can't even grasp the awesomeness... the beauty... holy shit.
"two tongues, four lips, two aching hearts/two people fashioned out of barbie doll parts"
simply phenominal. my only complaint is how a few lines dont fit in with the rhyme scheme. but jesus, this is just stunning.
translucence chapter 1 . 9/7/2004
Sad and painfully beautiful, this is a wonderful poem. I love it.
karmakaze chapter 1 . 8/29/2004
Wow...these people have such depressing lives. Poor girl though. Great work.
ylem chapter 1 . 8/8/2004
Is this real? It seems all very real to me...
trippy goddess of chaos chapter 1 . 8/7/2004
i love this it is so good!
EveryNowAndThen chapter 1 . 7/2/2004
Wow... This was the most powerful thing I've read in a long time. "I am you/Why weren't you ever me?" really drove it home. A great way to end it.
axica chapter 1 . 6/29/2004
this is truly amazing...i dont know what to say, all i can reason logically right now is that your work isnt healthy for self mutilators...too many good ideas
I was the only one that saw the razor marks on your thighs
that line...i know a guy like that right now...and that line captures all the frustration, injustice and anger/grief that i'm feeling
Was raped next to you, bent over in a bathroom stall
We held hands while the men took turns
To commemorate it, we mauled our skin with cigarette burns
you *KNOW* how great these lines are, i dont have to tell you
k, wont post anymore lines, they're all too good, no point reprinting the whole thing..i just need you to know...i genuinenly (spelled that wrong) LOVE this poem
this is beyond any teenage semi unique bullshit i read every day...this is...trailblazing good...i hope this goes in the poems you publish because i really want other people to read this
Made in U.S.A chapter 1 . 6/27/2004
I love how original all of your work is and you're really an inspiration. You're one of the top ten writers on fictionpress and in my top five favorites. Keep writing:D
Tizzu chapter 1 . 6/23/2004
This is bloody brilliant. My favorite line is probably: "Two tongues, four lips, two aching hearts/Two people fashioned out of Barbie doll parts," but the whole thing is excellent. Did 'diamond dog' from the first line come from the Moulin Rouge movie?
I'm going to have to read more of your work. That was incredible.
mmoonsshiner chapter 1 . 6/20/2004
You have a long and strangely intresting profile which i will now comment on . i love the openness i usualy get critized for being to can be so fake. u sound alot like some of my is hot isnt he -he should be bi.I can find homoerotic undertones in anything. _ i used to b the same way with art history i even made a little cary case for my Jansons art through the ages...sounds like something out of harry potter doesnt it .
Cry to heaven is hands down the best non vampire related tale by anne rice mtonio. design tatoos.. i have set of the airport metal detector..it was funny watching the wack-a-nut blush as he probed mewith the bar...guess where it beeped _~
m i the only 1 who hasnt seen fight club?
i didlike christianity with a passion born of years of represed rage.
'Two tongues, four lips, two aching hearts
Two people fashioned out of Barbie doll parts'
i absolutely love these lines from this poem. very well written sounds like a road trip A-chan wrote me about..you are a wonderful writer so im gonna stop wasting space so other people can review ~_~ bad tamale.
~Nat
Nails For Your Crucifix chapter 1 . 6/19/2004
This is one of those beautiful poems that I could easily fall in love with. It was just one of those fantastic things that can't be explained, but you know there's a truth in it that you can relate to or you'll be able to relate to eventually. I love the way you described the first real kiss, how it waws 2 people "fashioned out of barbie doll parts" and how earlier they said all this shit of life was what happened when you don't conform. But they just made out of pieces of conformity, none that actually match but conformity nonetheless.
Fell in love with the first lines of this immediately. I don't know why. And you don't know how much I love this.
Kimi kara tegami chapter 1 . 6/19/2004
*hugs bigtime* Wonderful. I especially like the part that says, "Two people fashioned out of Barbie doll parts". It just...says something.
Anyway, I'm sorry about being such a horrible reviewer, especially after all the times you put all those awesome comments in my stories. I promise to try harder in the future.
I was reading your profile, and one thing that really caught my eye is that YOU LIKE GRAVITATION! Yay! *lurves Gravitation*
Le Creature chapter 1 . 6/19/2004
Another great poem from the best poet on this site ;) What was the "Everlasting Gobstoppers" reference?
I wasn't sure if the non-speaker friend in the poem was much more rich than the speaker, and if that was an element of the story. For parts, it seemed that they were two friends of equal economic status, but the beginning mentioned buying a Porsche.
Very interesting poem. Made me think about the role of friendships (even though that sounds corny) and the way some people live their lives. Great job!