Reviews for Celtic longing
Erlkoenigin chapter 3 . 3/15/2012
Ich hoffe, du hast mittlerweile Otherworld verlassen und dich aus dem Bann der grauen Augen befreit!

Das Gedicht ist eine sehr gelungen Verbindung von äußerer und innerer Landschaft, auch für Jemanden verstädnlich, der Irland nicht kennt
Andaren chapter 3 . 3/15/2012
Loved it, reminded me of Nuala ni Domhinaill's work (yes, I know I've probably spelt her name wrong!

Blessed Be

Andaren x
Gleechumber chapter 3 . 3/15/2012
You know, when I read this, I found myself kind of humming it. It may be old, but it's so soothing, and I can imagine a scene before me as I read the words. It has a certain melody to it which I can't quite explain.
Ivriniel chapter 3 . 3/15/2012
I love that poem. The comparisons somehow reminded me of the comparisons in one of Catulls poems (that, what we translated together). They show that you are a "poeta docta" as well.
656 chapter 3 . 3/15/2012
Truly stunning and amazing. I have no words to describe it more than that.
Systole chapter 3 . 3/15/2012
sounds like several different poems, their/it is very good. I'm pleased to know that you are knowledgable of irish history.
reflected translation chapter 3 . 3/15/2012
its hard to find beautiful poetry like this, but you have fulfilled my needs *big smile* please post more!

your insights on my poems would also be mucho appreciated.

-reflected translation ;)
Marshbar 960 chapter 3 . 3/15/2012
terrific poem! very vivid and in-depth! loved the imageries that floated across my mind, such as:

"The gentle touch of oblivion", "Eye as grey as the silver sea" and "The gentle motion of the ferry"...thanks for sharing and keep writing!
Erlkoenigin chapter 1 . 6/4/2009
Genial: wie man nur auf eine Zeile wie “to share with you the yellowness

of the blackbird's beak when the bell of its song” kommen kann!
Erlkoenigin chapter 2 . 6/4/2009
Ich habe ja dreimal lesen müssen, bis mir auffiel, dass die Dame nicht so heißt wie dein Penname. Da hat sich der gute Tolkien wohl inspirieren lassen.

Mir gefallen hier sogar die Reime, die ich sonst häufig (nicht in deinen gedichten, sondern allgemein) altmodisch finde.
Erlkoenigin chapter 3 . 6/4/2009
Ich packe den Koffer und fahr hin!

Das Gedicht ist so musikalisch, dass es fast wie ein Lied klingt. Dazu passen die Reime sehr gut.
Gleechumber chapter 3 . 9/25/2004
The repetition works just beautifully. I like the metaphor of the veil- once again, it could mean several different things.
Gleechumber chapter 2 . 9/25/2004
This is almost dreamlike in it's beautiful descriptions... I love it. It begins and ends just perfectly.
Gleechumber chapter 1 . 9/25/2004
The ending to this one seemed kind of abrupt. I like the second to last verse in particular- it could relate to a lot of different things.
LuthienLuin chapter 1 . 9/11/2004
Wow! I a pretty big Celtic buff too (seeing as they're my ancestors) and this is amazing! I really love the first two stanzas - they just draw you into it so well. Yep, as you noticed, as far as literature, I basically live in the Romantic Era! Have you been to Ireland? You can email me at
-LuthienLuin