Reviews for Athena's Hammer
Jo The Pirate chapter 1 . 8/31/2004
*gasp* This is just gorgeous. I love it! AND, I read your info...Chrono Cross is the best game ever! *adds you to favorites* Lovely work!
Ellerfru chapter 1 . 8/27/2004
Wow, this is definitely going on my favorites list... One of the best poems I've ever read...
TwystedFate chapter 1 . 7/28/2004
Beautiful .. haunting .. oh more. Must have more. *drools*
Eirien chapter 1 . 6/21/2004
Awesome. Your range and choice of vocabulary and the denseness, depth and originality of your images beat everything I have encountered on FP so far - actually everything I have ever encountered, perhaps apart from T. . Even though I'm not sure if I get the meaning of everything in this poem, and actually
am not even sure if you're talking about the painter Raphael (the "Athene" perhaps being one of his works, forgive my igorance in this instance) or about the angel (the spiritual category lets that idea persist somewhere in the back of my mind, though I would rather say you mean the painter), I love this piece. I like difficult poetry, and will perhaps spend the rest of the evening unravelling this ...
Your pen-name, quotes in your bio and knowledge of Dante make me hope that at last I have found someone who could savour my tribute to Virgil, "Virgilius", even though my writing style in that one particularly is very different from yours.
You seem to be well-versed in English literature, including those wonderful Renaissance writers, as well as ancient classical literature and philosophy, as well as art ... and omG, even Gaelic literature - and that beautiful language itself? Looks like I've found a new favourite author ... I have to go and read your other works as soon as I can.