Reviews for My soul Magdalene
Somnia chapter 2 . 4/25/2012
Fantastic. I really loved it.
Getuie chapter 2 . 4/25/2012
There is is such a powerful flow behind this poem... a message that shakes the core. I found myself stunned at how acurately you portray her, that first stanza... it was like seeing it with one's eyes. The whole flow, the fear, the need, the confession and submission and then the disbelief... it's just such an incredible poem.
wee-rebz chapter 2 . 4/25/2012
amazing. it's so incredible when he accepts us after we've sinned...he's an incredible Saviour
kalariah chapter 2 . 4/25/2012
Very moving indeed. It's incomprehensible, the work Jesus did for us. That He could love us so very much that He was willing to suffer and die for us-it's almost beyond belief. We truly have a wonderful Savior.
lili brik chapter 2 . 4/25/2012
i love this.

the metaphor works very well.
Gleechumber chapter 1 . 9/25/2004
Oh, wow! I love this, especially "not once, not twice, but at least a hundred times" because that is true of a lot of our lives. In the case of this poem, I don't think it matters who washed Jesus' feet.
Bleeding Ink chapter 1 . 7/21/2004
I love the way you perceive things. You are basically calling yourself a whore to God by saying you want to be owned by Jesus; you want his real love. It's like instead of Mary being a lustful whore, she is now a loving one. It's such a unique and beautiful way to look at it. Oh yes, and the imagery was absolutely amazing. This is definitely one of my favorites.
evlcinamnpoptart chapter 1 . 7/18/2004
Ah, more religous poetry. I'm running out of things to say here, but I'm reviewing all your work that I read anyway. :)
I like it, although, once again, the only way I can relate to it is by... not relating to it. lol.
Somnia chapter 1 . 7/5/2004
Woah...woah! This echoes into my soul and describes my situation right now perfectly. I can't believe you said that my poem was superior to this...! We both looked at the same thing, but in slightly different ways. I can REALLY relate to this. I love that story, of Mary (or, as you point out, perhaps not Mary) pouring out her brokenness at His feet, giving Him the only gifts she could. I feel that God has really been pointing me towards this.
Your poem is absolutely stunning, my dear. Especially loved the lines:
All i have is me
poured out at Your feet.
All i want is to be
owned – known – by You.
I can't even begin to explain how much this speaks to me.
Thank you!
This is going on my favorites list!
Somnia x
Getuie chapter 1 . 6/28/2004
No there's a huge debate regarding that and also a claim that the two times the incident was mentioned in the gospels were actually two different women...
It doesn't change a single thing to how amazing this poem is though. I can truly relate to the longing just to submit, just to give in. To break my stubborn pride and surrender... but it's so so so hard. Beautifully written.