Reviews for As the Deer
Getuie chapter 5 . 4/25/2012
I love how with each part of nature you bring it back to fire, back to burning. Even autumn leaves... I wouldn't have thought of it that way, but the way you brought it in really fits.
Sa-ah chapter 5 . 4/25/2012
This is so beautiful. At the beginning, this piece really grabs the reader's attention and pulls them in. The rhyming scheme is wonderful, the words you picked were powerful, and I just love the syblomlism. This one's going in my favorites.

Another amazing piece, Edraith. Keep it up. The Father bless!
Getuie chapter 1 . 4/24/2012
I love the way how you keep bringing focus on the longing of God's presence. I remember a pastor saying to "Focus on the Giver more than on the Gift"... this is very present here.

Something that really touched me was the use of wind... Once I sat crying outside my home in the dark... and God had used the breeze to calm me and make me aware of His loving presence... right there in the dark of night. It is a part of nature that so greatly describes Him...
Sa-ah chapter 1 . 4/24/2012
This is... So beautiful... Great job putting this together, this is so lovely. The Father's so beautiful, I love him so much.
Angel Snowson chapter 1 . 4/24/2012
I like your use of personification. You used it pretty well throughout the poem. As with smilies. Hope to see more works.
Caitir chapter 2 . 4/24/2012
lovely. simple, but it captures a great deal of emotion. very nice.
singinstrawberri chapter 2 . 4/24/2012
that was very sweet..i'd have to read it a couple more times to really get the meaning, but i think i got the main point of it. i liked it alot...lovely imagery. you displayed the feeling very well, in my opinion..:)
River J chapter 2 . 4/24/2012
Like your other poem, this one is really emotional and deep. I can tell you're really in touch.
Wasted Postage chapter 2 . 4/24/2012
Oh wow, you did such a great job of capturing the paradox of God. It's good to see another believer on the site.

Excellent work!

*AbunaiChikara

Ps. Thank you so much for your reviews of "Ever Growing". They were very much appreciated.
Getuie chapter 2 . 4/24/2012
Your use of imagery is ASTOUNDING! The poem captures my attention from the get go and the emotion behind it... Beautiful! wow
my-vision chapter 2 . 4/24/2012
wow. i love the similies in the first stanza and how you carry the sentences through the different stanzas. God is so hard to understand, but he loves us! :-)

beautiful poem! (thanks for your reviews!)
Jazzista Tess chapter 2 . 4/24/2012
Beautiful. Is the same theme as Everything, you are right. I love it! KW
Erlkoenigin chapter 2 . 10/19/2009
I like the repetition of “A lover's”. This poem sounds like the ivocation of a spirit or like a prayer.
Erlkoenigin chapter 1 . 5/14/2009
sehr schön geschrieben, vor allem I walk the streets of loneliness, könnte tatsächlich fast ein "richtiges" Liebesgedciht sein
evlcinamnpoptart chapter 1 . 7/18/2004
I like this, although I read it more as a love poem than a prayer-I'm not much for religon. Ah, well, that's the good thing about poetry, it can be interpretted to fit one's ideas of life. Or something like that.
Great poem!