Reviews for Ars Poetica
Erlkoenigin chapter 2 . 5/11/2012
Obwohl das Gedicht früher als "they will tell you" entstanden ist, erinnert es mich eher an deine späteren, sehr melodischen Gedichte voller poetischer Metaphern. Schön, wie du im Hauptteil die Rose als Dornenkrone und die Eiche aufnimmst. Ich verstehe allerdings nicht recht, warum der Blitz dich hätte treffen sollen? Wegen der Erbsünde, die der Kreuzestod Christi besiegt? Liegt sicher an meinen brachliegenden Englischkenntnissen.

Liebe Grüße

Franziska
Deirdra Chaeli chapter 3 . 4/25/2012
Oh my... this is perfect. This is... wow. Absolutely WONDERFUL.
Getuie chapter 3 . 4/25/2012
I absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE this poem! I love the way you use what you mention. Like metaphor when the whole thing kinda that. Or 'adornment of alliteration'... *smiles* This is truly masterful.

'And now that I am

Nothing is my own' - my favourite two lines in the poem. It says it all to me. When everything that could emphasise the mastery of the poem is taken aside... the message always come to one single name... We try so hard at times to get the poem right that we lose the message in the proses. I think you've reached perfection in this one.
luna-lovegood129 chapter 3 . 4/25/2012
awesome poem! i feel like this sometimes,too, although i don't write nearly as many poems as you do. good job. i really like this poem. keep writing.
Erlkoenigin chapter 1 . 5/14/2009
das hast du sehr schön ausgedrückt. Also mir gefallen deine Kreationen und ich finde auch, dass sie Früchte tragen.

Die Geschichte mit der Bärin finde ich niedlich. Laut Physiologus bringt die Löwin tote Junge zur Welt, die der Löwe anbrüllt um sie zum leben zu erwecken
catseyeview chapter 1 . 11/15/2004
you were right to point me here, just beautiful..."A columned temple to the Poet of Poets, a cathedral to praise my Creator." I believe the Creator blesses us with expression and you so do Him honor here. I love the association to the tree, tree of life, of wisdom, the meaning behind it is endless, deep, profound and for so many lost. Thank you for sending me here.
evlcinamnpoptart chapter 1 . 7/18/2004
I liked that! It's one of those poems you have to read over a lot of times to completely understand. For me, at least. I'm generally a bit slow on symbolism and the such, though.
Getuie chapter 1 . 6/28/2004
... simply amazing.
And as much as this longing, this aim is within you, let me be one to tell you that I firmly believe that you're achieving it... at least... for me.
Plato's Optic Runaway chapter 1 . 6/26/2004
Ah, don't we all feel this way at some point or another? I adore the last stanza; it just has such a wonderfully Classical feel to it. The diction you use is perfect, you create such an exquisite longing in this litling, universally passionate way; it's very well crafted. It reminds me of something, but I'm too tired to remember right now. I'll get back to you on that. The first stanza's strangeness is particularly appealing as well, and it starts the poem enticingly. I like what you have going on for internal rhyme in each of the stanzas, somewhat intended, but somewhat not, and that's always a good thing. If a writer can pull that off, they're evidently so immersed in the language that it just comes to them. But anyway, to discuss your review, as was a portion of my purpose here (also of course to review your work): before I start on what I find to be something of a gross hyperbole of my talent, (by the way, no, I don't know Gaelic, as no one will give me lessons to learn it, but if you assumed that the strange language on my bio is that, it is not. It is ancient Egyptian, quotes taken from the Book of the Dead to be exact. Nope, I don't actually know that either)let me say that if you appreciate any of those works or things you listed half as much as you sound like you do, frankly, damn, you rock. Hm, a tribute to Virgil, you say? Splendid. Evidently you've got some well-chosen tastes also, as I see reading through your bio. I will definitely find the time to read more of you. Oh, by the way, I was talking about the painter, but then again, he paints like an angel, doesn't he? Heh, certainly didn't act like one...But the reference to Athena was symbolic of her wisdom (I don't think he has a work by that name, but I'm not positive): I was relating her balance in emotion with something so violently unstable as a hammer in a sort of half-assed metaphor, but the idea goes with Raphael's seeming double perspective. I could explain it more if you wanted me to. But I digress. I hope you weren't terribly offended by my delay in responding to your flattering review (arguably not deserved), and I actually hope we could talk sometime, as it is very difficult to find people these days who appreciate a good Renaissance read.