Reviews for we live like the sun
Kurt Nabokov chapter 1 . 2/9/2006
In my opinion, at least, your writing style seems better served with prose. No disrespect, of course, but it seems like you're pretty long-winded.
Clap Clap Raise Your Hands chapter 1 . 6/2/2005
hehe yeah short and sweet with a meaningful ending, im so happy to see someone use the word "zenith" too! i love that word so much, it's so precious and pretty, i have only used it once in my poems but you are the only other person i have see to use it too! hats off to you! x weasel within x
Arcania chapter 1 . 3/7/2005
Thank you, I needed to be reminded of that. It was well written.
E.M. Laicrist chapter 1 . 2/23/2005
This would make awesome lyrics to a song. I love it, going under my favorites!
Access to Chameleon chapter 1 . 11/11/2004
a nice adoration of watching the sun. good poem.
E.J. Wedge chapter 1 . 8/6/2004
very interesting! it was very deep too good poem don't ever stop writing! _
Aged Parent Peggotty Barkis chapter 1 . 7/9/2004
You write very well using powerful imagery. I like it.
I thought we came from the earth though. Not the ocean? I am not sure what you mean there but that's probably not your fault.
I also think the last statement might be more powerful if you said "A daily reminder that we must all go back to the ocean" 'from whence we came' instead of "the ocean that we came from"?
From Kate
lalamushu chapter 1 . 7/6/2004
wow...this is a very beautifully written poem. i like your format that you're using. keep up the good work!
kalariah chapter 1 . 6/25/2004
Did I just not see this before, or something? My stupidity overwhelms me. The imagery displayed in this poem is simply overwhelming, and your word choice is quite excellent. It fills me with a sense of peace and tranquility, of awaiting the inevitable. Fantastic job on this.
LadyGawain chapter 1 . 6/25/2004
o this is very nice. i'm loving the last line.
simpleplan13 chapter 1 . 6/21/2004
very nice and true extended metaphor!
Ebony Moonlight chapter 1 . 6/21/2004
Lovely symbolism, lovely word choice. Keep up the great work!
~The One and Only
mmoonsshiner chapter 1 . 6/20/2004
Any one who can use 'paradoxic duality' Correctly hold on to a rhyme , And make it sound good has true talent. Great work. love the poem.
~Nat
eatfoodyum chapter 1 . 6/19/2004
"as the day unwinds the sun sets bending down to kiss the water to which
it will succumb"
I love that line. Very good.
Earthsong12 chapter 1 . 6/19/2004
This is sweet. I like the idea. In the second half of verse two, did you mean ‘distant’? Cause distance sounds kinda funny. Anyway, this is very good!
P.S. Thanks for the review. _