Reviews for taking solace in our imperfections
Magic8ballgenie chapter 1 . 4/1/2005
Once again, really great message, and you succeeded in getting that message across. Your rhyme scheme is really good and sounds natural. For contructive comments, in your 2nd stanza, the end of all four lines rhyme, and that's inconsistant from the other stanzas. The parantheses definately work in your favor. See if you can't work on the structure of the last stanza (this is, if you want it go be consistant).
Arcania chapter 1 . 3/7/2005
This is so cute. It's so true. If only people could understand this from the start, we would never disappoint each other, would we?
that1blonde chapter 1 . 1/2/2005
This is my favorite.

Finding happiness in who you are and not being sorry for what you are is amazing.

Now if only I could find it..

Endowment's Seraph chapter 1 . 8/19/2004
oh I liked this one very much, I might print it out to add to my collection of poems and songs I like. It's very good
~Mel
A New Testament chapter 1 . 7/8/2004
very direct lyrics.
lalamushu chapter 1 . 7/6/2004
wow...very straightforward and powerful. you're truly a very talented writer. keep up the good work.
simpleplan13 chapter 1 . 6/29/2004
I like it a lot... its a good point.. nice repition and rhyming!
Absolute Perfection chapter 1 . 6/28/2004
you can tell its a song. you realy put your thoughts across in it.
E.A.Saraby chapter 1 . 6/22/2004
I can definitely see this as a song. Well-put; I've wanted to say all of this just as bluntly to a couple "friends" of mine.
thx for the reviews _
Fae the Faery chapter 1 . 6/20/2004
You failed to put your email on your biography, so I'll thank you for your review here. This poem was filled with a lot of anger; apparently the narrator has experienced misunderstanding before. You, as the author, took an interesting approach to this poem, not defining the meter or rhythm, which in this poem and situation benefit. The rhyme faded on and off and it was difficult to tell as a reader if it was intensional or not. In my opinion, rhyme can make it a very powerful statement, as can repetition, which you did extremely well-to-do in the final stanza. Congrats! I expect further, more in depth works from you!
Miss Fae
E.M. Laicrist chapter 1 . 6/20/2004
I like the message you're sending out through this piece. The only thing that bothers me is the "cuz" and the "u". I'm really big on grammar and those just seemed to pop out.
I'd say my favorite stanza is the second one.
kalariah chapter 1 . 6/20/2004
I like it. The content is put in there very well; no one should change themselves just to fit someone else's expectations. I very much like the line, "I've paid for my mistakes/So don't expect an apology". Very interesting.
I'd like to suggest, though, please get a beta reader. As awesome as this is, it could still be better (as every work by every author could be). Please don't waste your potential by not accepting help to perfect your works.
e t e r n a chapter 1 . 6/20/2004
bravo. i love it. it's perfect on what should be young life.
hee hee there are so many rhetorical devices! (just learned about them.) x]
chocolatecreme06 chapter 1 . 6/20/2004
It's really good, i thinking taking solace in our imperfections is something everyone needs to be more comfortable
E. Hisifithith chapter 1 . 6/19/2004
you are quite right. this is very inspirational. kind of a hey i'm who i want to be and i'm not a conformist and you know what? I DON'T CARE! that's the feel i get from it at least. i really like this peice! congrats.
E. Hisifithith