Reviews for Once Upon A Time
mel62 chapter 1 . 6/21/2006
Lol. I love fairytales and this poem reminds me of the mythical, the magical and the wonderful enchantment such tales possess. Very nice.
graffiti-skies chapter 1 . 11/14/2004
like the way it flows...pretty good. like the end, snaps one back into reality...lol. good work!
vintage fade chapter 1 . 9/17/2004
I love the metaphor 'Once upon a time'. You did a great job on this, an amazing job with the rhymes. If only life were this happy, so carefree. But you know what? I would probably take my life, no matter how much I hate it, over this.
much love
vintage fade
katiebuggie chapter 1 . 6/28/2004
I'm ready to bring on the fairy tales now! Beautiful poem! It really flows! I'm adding to my favorites! Excellent job!
Cinnamon Zo chapter 1 . 6/28/2004
Absolutely lovely and enchanting. I like the flow of the rythym,the ryhming, and the repeated "once upon a time". Great! Keep writing!
Alexz Lynn chapter 1 . 6/24/2004
This poem paints a really beautiful picture. Great job. Keep it up...
Audrey Portman chapter 1 . 6/24/2004
beautiful; i love the rhyming and the story you tell.
Eirien chapter 1 . 6/24/2004
Absolutely beautiful. The form you chose, the rhymes in each stanza and the repetition of the last line in each conjure an atmosphere and tone of ancient poetry, as does your word choice, and this perfectly fits the topic. I like the message, conveyed so poignanty in that final "Sceptical, we closed this deal", which gives the last "Once upon a time" a quite different meaning.
SmileVampy chapter 1 . 6/21/2004
Beautiful, just beautiful. I love the visuals this conjures up. Who says we can't apply fantasy to real life?
266 entries? That's amazing!
:) :[ SmileVampy
ps Thank you for reviewing "Skool is a Fly Dawg". Coming from such a prolific writer such as yourself, it really meant a lot!
WrittenInJello chapter 1 . 6/21/2004
Although your poem's theme is suggesting that these things no longer exist because we no longer believe in them, I would add my own interpetation- they are real, and only the people who have the ability to believe in them can experience them. (And the oddball who gets swept up in it, but that's besides the point.) Good poem, nice rhyming.