Reviews for If I Could Pray With You
CaptainWhiteShadow chapter 1 . 5/13/2010
Very deep, and very much the way I think, too. I'm...well, I can't really call myself a Christian, though I want to be. But I don't believe in judging other faiths and calling them scams (except for one, but I won't name it in case anyone who reads this would be offended). I think the Wicca faith has a good message too (from what I've read of the creed anyway). Don't let anyone put you down for what you believe in.
May Elizabeth chapter 1 . 9/11/2009
This poem is powerful. I think we all feel the need to connect with other people to God, regardless how we connect. I loved it.
BlueRose218 chapter 1 . 8/6/2006
Beautiful poem. I have several friends with different beliefs (everything from Christian to Pagan to Buddhist to Agnostic to undecided) and while we can spend entire nights talking about religion, we've never performed any rituals together or prayed together, though I've gone to church just to keep my Christian buddies company. Most faiths actually work very well with one another in relationships, and if there is enough discussion about the differences beforehand, I'm sure most problems in a ceremony can be avoided. If people of two different faiths can get married, then two people of different faiths can certainly pray together. Oh, and before I forget I'd like to compliment you for pointing out the "other “Witches”

Angry kids following a mindless fad

They think clunky jewelry enriches

Our faith, which is honestly sad"

The majority of the 'Wiccans' in my school are this type, and they get FURIOUS everytime someone declares themself a Wiccan that isn't the cookie-cutter teen-witch stuff sold at Barnes & Noble. One of my close friends is a Wiccan/Naturalist with a background in Gypsy (Romany) faiths, and she has had to deal with all kinds of crap from the people who call themselves Wiccan without understanding the faith. Thank you for the excellent poem!
A-Whimsical-Freak chapter 1 . 8/28/2004
I'm the Bobby she's talking about it, and it's true. We were correcting each other and trying to teach other the basics... it was really confusing. Not a good memory.
/But I love your poem. At last I'm not the only one who feels this way!
Delete Name chapter 1 . 8/28/2004
Um, Christians and Wicca's can't pray together because not only do they pray DIFFERENTLY, but it's to different Gods.
I know. Me and Bobby tried (him being the Witch, not me).
But anyways, it's a nice dream and poem. 7/10
PaganScribe chapter 1 . 7/26/2004
strong.
beautiful .
Gunnink chapter 1 . 7/22/2004
I can hear your pleading in this. Very strong feelings, even with simple word choices. This is a dazzling poem.
Karma Fish chapter 1 . 7/19/2004
Beautiful and poignant. If I knew what religion I believed in, I would certainly pray with you. Good luck in spreading religious tolerance-the world needs it.
greenbanana chapter 1 . 7/19/2004
dude what's wrong with you? Lol. I'll add you to my favorite authors list so I don't use up all the space in my favorite stories one... gosh the nerve of trying to use up all my space:) lol jk.
great poem
Sapphire Crystallian chapter 1 . 7/3/2004
that's... odd. I like it, and I think understand... but I don't know much about Wicca except that I have like 5 Wiccan friends... but I like this, it's beautiful in a nonprejudice way. You are truly a beautiful person, I can see it through your writing... _
AntiPleasure chapter 1 . 7/1/2004
) Makes sense completely. I think you two should definitely work out the differences because everyone has different beliefs so just accept each other. You see "God" differently from her, but that doesn't make you wrong and her right at all.
Jenna xx
katiebuggie chapter 1 . 6/30/2004
Great job! I agree with this. I am actually all for Wicca, even though I'm a Christian. I have several Wiccan friends, and when I hang out with one, she does rituals, and I will be included in them. It's actually quite interesting. Great job, I agree with this poem.
*!Kate!*
unjaundiced chapter 1 . 6/30/2004
i know how you feel. it's so sad. if you both believe so strongly, then it shouldn't matter who you pray to. in the end, the strength of your belief will make it so there's no discerning different gods.
simpleplan13 chapter 1 . 6/29/2004
thats interesting... there are some nondenominational churches for christians... i wouldnt mind praying with a wiccan... nicely done though!
dress her up in fairytales chapter 1 . 6/28/2004
Gosh, I'm saying amazing too much when I read Wiccan poetry and I just can't find any other words to describe it all! You've captured just exactly what I've felt with a few of my friends and though they are my friends I still think that they'll treat me differently because I'm different. I wish the world wasn't based around religion so much. It's amazing how people can be quick to judge those people who where jewelry and all that jazz, presuming that they are Wiccans and that they're evil... Only if they knew... Wonderul work. .
Above all things - Blessed Be