Reviews for Wind
Dirty Wallpaper chapter 1 . 7/13/2004
very nice. i liked the jumble of different ideas, they all had that similar darkness in common so it really wasnt all that confusing, it made sense. lines such as "I can't change a thing in this life love abhors." were very nice, very descriptive and had many implications.
i also loved the quoted shakespeare and how you challeneged it with the concept of deceit, twas very nice.
kudos!
Bleedingtree chapter 1 . 7/3/2004
wow mia. ¡I LOVE IT! it's awesome! i love the last stanza! but then i love it all! oh and that song was self-inspired by my ex, the guy that snowboarded and i was completely head over heels for dumped me almost a month ago, 12 days before our six month anniversary! it sucks so much.
Well
Love always
Kim
simpleplan13 chapter 1 . 6/25/2004
I like it.. awesome ryming... nice job!
IHJ chapter 1 . 6/25/2004
For me, the first three stanzas have a sort of connection/link that's quite clear, then it goes into a slightly more abstract phrasing (I can't think of more poetic way to say it now).
The repetition of "Let them know" is strong and the last stanza is a strong ending, if not slightly overused.
My favorite stanza has got to be the third one. It makes you think and I love the idea of a dove, an animal that usually signifies peace and carries around olive branches, growling.
Izzy J.
Alba Deborah chapter 1 . 6/25/2004
obviously, this is good, and i like the message, but i just wanted to point out that 'labors' and 'abhors' dont really perfectly rhyme. dont have time for a decent review, so congrats, luv n kisses
Heather Montgomery chapter 1 . 6/24/2004
Yet another brilliant poem, Mia. Beautiful imagery. Beautiful.. everything. I don't think it's confusing, I think it's very thoughtful and.. well... perfect!