Reviews for Hush, Little Girl
NNCS chapter 1 . 8/9/2004
Hello simple plan! i love this poem. it's simple and sweet. i would also like to thank you for reviewing my peoms. in your latest review you ask why the girl in my poem 'Little Angel' chose to go to Hell instead of Heaven and i feel obliged to answer your question. i wrote the poem in a mind set that little Annie was raised everyday with a horribal (i can't spell and this thing doesn't have a spell-check)person (who sadly is her father) pounding the thoguht into her mind that she deserved to go to Hell. Most, if not every three-year, love their parents regardless of what they say and do, most likly, if her father had not killed her and cotinued to torment her like he did for the only three years of her life, she would have been reduced to nothing but a shell of a human. What i'm trying to tell you is, that regardless of what her father did to her, she still loved him, and wanted what to make what she thought was his only dream come true, for her to be in hell. Anyways, good poem and i hope my explaing clears a few questions ya!
katiebuggie chapter 1 . 7/26/2004
Amazing job. It flowed perfectly and it really shows the love a mother has for her child.
Daisy Decamps chapter 1 . 7/19/2004
filled with love.
FaydedMarionette chapter 1 . 7/13/2004
Sweet, nicely done as well. I like the rhythm that you carry with this one, you can practicaly hear the tune of the lulluby playing in your head as you read git, like a music box.
IcyDevil27 chapter 1 . 7/12/2004
I like it. I like the repetition. It kind of reinforces the point of the poem to the reader.
Fabian Cortez chapter 1 . 7/3/2004
Very sad and very moving. The atmosphere is encapsulated beautifully.
Well Done
Keep Writing!
Isabella MacElfrish chapter 1 . 7/2/2004
Very sad and sweet. All in all, it's very well done. Your atomsphere, mood and structure add to the impact of the poem. Very nice. Great job.
AntiPleasure chapter 1 . 7/1/2004
Simply put. The choppy stanzas are a good idea as well to get the message across quicker. I like the beginning with "hush, little girl" because it gives a soothing atmosphere about this girl.
Jenna xx
Cry Tears of Darkness chapter 1 . 6/29/2004
wow, dreamy and scary. made sense in my head that
Unchained Soul chapter 1 . 6/29/2004
I find it sad that a little girl, as young as she is portrayed in this, has to deal with pain. The poem itself isn't that impacting, but the fact that someone so young has to deal with such a great pain is sad.