Reviews for The Porcelain Mask
Deavon Brooks chapter 1 . 1/6/2005
wow, great job! this poem is very thoughtfully written. the vocabulary is very rich and there are a lot of really wonderful metaphors really add depth to the poem. well done!
Yume Megami chapter 1 . 8/9/2004
Oh The name caught my eye, I once wrote something, like 2-4 lines long, about a Iron Mask...similar to this, I guess.
Once again, this is very good. You have a nice flow, no forced rhyming. Also, I can relate to it(Though, seeing what it's 'bout I'm not sure if that's a good thing -_- ...meh)
Dream
Rose of Fire chapter 1 . 8/8/2004
AWESOME truly amazing u write well
Frenzied-Thespian chapter 1 . 7/29/2004
DANG thats good. you comend MY work. I commend YOUR work. ITS AMAZING. i know exactly how it feels to live behind a mask. I've done it for so long.
drunken-doll chapter 1 . 7/27/2004
I wrote a poem about a porcelain doll so I just had to read and I'm glad I did...I can relate very deeply...you're a good poet.
wickerette chapter 1 . 7/23/2004
very nice, although the constant repetiton of sweet sorrow kinda was too much to it, but still its a very nice poem, good work
pili
AlahanTao chapter 1 . 7/22/2004
This is good stuff. I like the calm simplicity of it. Most poetry about masks talks about pretending for the sake of someone you love. This one doesn't. I like it.
The Magician Joseph chapter 1 . 7/20/2004
It is so true. I love this poem it is very beutiful. I often use the porclein mask as symbolism in my surrealist paintings and sketches.
The only problem I saw with was the word Alsasken
empty account chapter 1 . 7/7/2004
Very good poem. I like how you line directly about the porcelain mask several times throughout.
saiya-jinmira chapter 1 . 7/4/2004
who has kissed you that was a suicidal angel..or wait I imagine that its...etaphorical...damn I was hoping you had been kissed or maybe ..oh well...nice poem..keep working at lil buddy! Mira
Karma Fish chapter 1 . 7/3/2004
This poem really hit a nerve with me, probably because it reminds me of myself a couple years ago. Even with personal psychology aside, I think your descriptions and imagery are beautiful. I like how you keep repeating the "simple porcelain mask" bit. Great job.