Reviews for A Reason to Live
Anya Tempest chapter 5 . 12/19/2005
I really liked the Christian message in this. Being one myself, I found it lovely and refreshing to find it permeating your writing.

However, I would stick with what I said in my reviews of your first story. Watch your spelling and try to make that dialogue and characterisation natural, because it still comes across as very forced and wooden to me (Although you portrayed the thoughts and feelings of the charaters in this far better than in your first edition. Nice work there.)

My critique of this would be the bad guys. Making them fanatical communists is perhaps a tad offensive, and at the least a bit ridiculous, as this seems to be set in modern day times. In the fifties it could have been plausible, perhaps, but in this timeframe it's not.

Your bluntness is something you need to work on. I hope you don't take this the wrong way, but when it comes to portraying themes and "messages" in your story, you're about as subtle and inconspicuous as a bright purple brick wall with a handlebar moustache.

I'm personally not offended in the least by your Christian message, but others might be. Just letting you know, in case you recieve flames. It's nice to sometimes let the reader look between the lines and figure out stuff on their own, just a thought.

I hope this was helpful, and I'll come and check out your work again soon. D