Reviews for no ever after
Isabella22 chapter 1 . 12/14/2006
awesome write.

it's really good.
Love in the Roses chapter 1 . 1/24/2006
No, there really is no happily ever after, is there? I love this poem, especially your third stanza. Your ending is excellent. I agree completely.
the naked civil servant chapter 1 . 8/6/2005
GIRL I LOVE YOUR CYNICISM! cynicism is realism in the corrupt world of today... fuck the pretence hollywood gloss and glamour. from here on out i am only interested in what's REAL. beautiful poem :D
and flowers chapter 1 . 6/15/2005
quite abstract, so lovely.
akaSummer chapter 1 . 5/18/2005
Oh my gosh, you're an amazing writer. A-mazing. No kidding. Keep it up! I feel dumb...this one made me cry! It's amazing how people can relate so easily to what you're writing. Keep up the great work!

x3 Summer
Nobody-n-Particular chapter 1 . 3/29/2005
This is pain. Pure eloquence
Galadh Niniel chapter 1 . 2/16/2005
Great job, amazing imagery, "strangled second" "held the disconnect", and that whole pigeon middle stanza. Truly impressive. The message is sad but convincing within its context, portraying the disillusionment felt by the speaker after a failed relationship.
aleppine chapter 1 . 2/3/2005
That, my dear, was fantabulous.

Alone, the first stanza is quite lovely; the association of 'grey tuesdays' with wistful memory, and the stilling of that 'strangled' moment. The second stanza (very effective position and use of italics there) manages to slip the silvery sensation of summoned memory into your mind, and the structure/repetition of 'held' give it a beautiful rhythm that reinforces that. The lack of a full stop really spoke to me at the end of that stanza. But the third stanza was the cherry that really made the piece.

Beginning with 'but' (esp. as followed by 'die a bloody death'), it immediately turns the mood from one of just wistful and softly painful to one of despair and perhaps a tired bitterness. The content and the metaphors and the structuring you used, I thought, was genius. The victimisation of the pigeons there, and turning mention of their aggressors into descriptions of how the agressors' attention is diverted elsewhere really illustrates a cold sense of being needlessly or cruelly, the way boys or cats often do, used and hunted and hurt, via that kind of nonchalance. Liked v much the shortening line lengths after those two loaded lines re: cats and boys. Great loaded interruption there between 'real world' (cold slap in the face, eh?) and the final dismal message hit home all the harder by the use, at last, of the only full stop throughout.

I'd like to say too that the exclusive use of lower case letters here really worked well.

I love the way this piece feels as though it grows when read, from the first line to the final intensity of the feeling in the last.

Quite brilliant.
katmonkey chapter 1 . 1/15/2005
Amazing. I love the last line.
myno chapter 1 . 1/14/2005
lovely format, and excellently expressed angst. Still... There are happy endings, you know. Its just that you have to make you own ending happy, it doesn't happen automatically.
negligible fictional force chapter 1 . 1/4/2005
beautiful simple tragic musings. love it. -kismet.
poetic abortion chapter 1 . 1/2/2005
I'm in awe. This was a detailed and well written poem. - Well done ! Never stop writing ! -

Noelle
like a lover chapter 1 . 12/31/2004
holy shit this absolutely gorgeous. i don't know if you even understand how gorgeous your poetry is. it just is.
Manuel Fajar chapter 1 . 11/28/2004
Ah, but humans ain't pigeons. You're right, little boys grow up to dislike pigeons. I used to shoot them with an air gun—thinking them completely useless urban trash. But reading Darwin has left me with doubts about that approach, since they can be studied and contribute to science. ¿Vivisection or dissection? m
do not resuscitate chapter 1 . 10/10/2004
this was so beautifully somber and grey and sad. worded gorgeously, this was just perfect. i loved it.